Popular Tags: [View All]
Santa Tom Pellitieri
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book says that you earn the main points plus two, then adjust the trigger to match. I wasn't certain if this meant to add two to the trigger, too.

The card has this the other way round, so it's clear from the card that the +2 only applies to the score. Unfortunately, the card image in the rule book isn't as easy to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing out this ambiguity! Some geekgold for you, sir.

The card is correct; the +2 applies only to the score, and doesn't affect the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside Lime wrote:
Thanks for pointing out this ambiguity!

Had another ambiguity with this card playing for the first time tonight. If there is a trigger plate on the wire when you use hammer, does the plate move after the hammer scoring (the +2 part) or does the plate apply to both parts and then it moves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Cappel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pressure plates move only at the end of a round and only if their wire was cut and scored.

However, the pressure plate adds to the full value of the wire, while the Hammer card only scores the flipped card's main value +2; pressure plates thus have no effect on Hammer scoring.

So the process would be:

1. Play your Hammer card. Flip a card and adjust the trigger according to its main value. If this doesn't explode the bomb, score the flipped card's main value +2; this didn't count as your cut.

2. Cut the wire by flipping a card and adjusting the trigger. If this doesn't explode the bomb, score the wire's full value (main value plus all chain values plus any pressure plates).

3. At the end of the round, move your wire's pressure plate(s).

Thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recorded this question (and answer) in our reprint notes, in case there's a second printing.

Thanks for pointing it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Drummond
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
WBC Team Captain
mbmbmbmbmb
Outside Lime wrote:
Pressure plates move only at the end of a round and only if their wire was cut and scored.

Interesting! For some reason I interpreted the plates as effecting the trigger movement rather than scoring. Oops, I should read more carefully.

Outside Lime wrote:

Thanks for playing!

Thanks for including it with Bomb Squad! My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ardrummo wrote:
I interpreted the plates as effecting the trigger movement rather than scoring. Oops, I should read more carefully.
Yeah, the Hammer description is a little confusing unless you know how to play it. We actually had to look up this BGG thread to better understand it. We all thought it was just a +2 to scoring, but it's worth more than that! We dealt with the issue by just none of us choosing it. Next time we'll know better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.