Subject: 5x2 and 952 set up and mid game scoring especially cases like 562. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: 504:5x2 [+] [View All]
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to clarify the rules for mid game scoring for 2.III in the 504 generated rules website.

If I understand the rules correctly, for 5x2 and 952 you track each time someone explores one of the 6 terrain types (not water), and for each terrain type the first person to have explored 3 of that type gets some bonus points (or income if playing 952). It could be read that the 3rd time a terrain tile (not water) is explored by anyone they get the points but that doesn't seem right.

So you would need to use the marking tokens on the majority board to show the tiles explored by each player.
At this point if I have made any mistakes let me know.

In the case where you are playing 562 or 572 and the majority board has a different function how are you supposed to track the majority/road condition and this exploration condition?

Module 5 seems to be the only issue as:
module 4 only uses the boards as a reminder to give out increasing payouts for new cities,
modules 6 & 7 are based on how theboard already works in those modules,
module 9 works based on the module in pos II and
modules 1, 3 & 8 don't use the board at all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
good question, this is not cleared in the rules, so you somehow need to get another counter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kuhlmann
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice catch!

I don't think this is actually an issue in 952 -you just use markers and things are fine.

For 562 and 572, probably I'd just use spare settlement pieces; you have enough in 4P. In a 2/3 player game, probably use the spare color's pieces and figure out some way to mark them as yours. That's annoying, admittedly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Anderson
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it shouldn't be an issue for 952, I just included it there in case I was misreading how 5x2 and 952 worked.
yes you can use another token. you have roads, residents and settlements that make sense. and you can remove them from a column majority board once one player gets 3 in that column so it probably won't counter limit you even in a 2 player game, and with 2 players you can both pick a secondary colour use for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls