Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Panic Level Rules and [April Spoiler] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott G
msg tools
mbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

I've got a hypothetical which I hope I don't have to face in-game anytime soon. Here goes:

Let's say C0da is yellow and the blue city Chicago has become faded and has a panic level 4. When entering Chicago, which color card must be discarded by panic level rules? The city's original color, blue, even though the city has become faded? Yellow, because that's the C0da color? I don't see this addressed specifically in the rules, and I could see a reasonable argument either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your example,

I would say BLUE for the sole fact that coda ceases to become a color once it's faded.

The only issue I have with this is that faded cities cover up the color of the city so one would have memorize the cities previous color [not hard at all -- but still, something that isn't overtly obvious].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott G
msg tools
mbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
The only issue I have with this is that faded cities cover up the color of the city so one would have memorize the cities previous color [not hard at all -- but still, something that isn't overtly obvious].

This is the part I was hung up on, too. But then I noticed each city has a "halo" of color that extends beyond the circle, so the faded sticker doesn't fully conceal the original color. Noticing that makes me more inclined to believe discarding the city's (original) color is correct, despite it being faded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.