Popular Tags: [View All]
Runeshade
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poll: Physical Copies of Side Quests and GD Alien Cards
1. Would you like to receive physical copies of the side quests and Galaxy Defenders Alien Cards or are you satisfied with this content being downloadable only?
I'd like to receive physical copies of the Side Quests and Alien Cards
I'm satisfied with the content being downloadable only
2. Would you be willing to pay a small charge (say $5 max) for physical copies of the GD Alien Cards and/or side quests?
Yes, I'd pay a couple of dollars for physical copies of the cards/quests
No, I would not be willing to pay for physical copies
      91 answers
Poll created by Runeshade

I think Ares is missing an opportunity by not printing physical copies the Alien Cards at the very least. Personally, I'd like professionally printed copies of the cards to match the quality of the other enemy cards. I also think Ares is leaving money on the table by not offering some of the alien minis from Galaxy Defenders in a pack with the cards, perhaps with some bonus scenarios as well, for the folks who might not have, or want to buy, a full copy of GD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The GD alien cards (originally download only) are provided now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I love CanadaMicrobadge: 1 Player Hall of FameMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Solitaire GamerMicrobadge: Parent of Two Girls and One Boy
You know the last Social goal already made the downloadable Alien cards into printed physical cards, right?

Now I would pay a bit to get the "Arcane Portal" Campaign and "Fear of the Dark" Side quest printed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runeshade
United States
Mount Vernon
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
kerskine wrote:
You know the last Social goal already made the downloadable Alien cards into printed physical cards, right?

Now I would pay a bit to get the "Arcane Portal" Campaign and "Fear of the Dark" Side quest printed
Actually, no... I guess I glossed over the section of the social goal that mentioned printing the Alien Cards. blush

Well, kudos to Ares then... now a few side quests and mini packs for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fine with just downloadable...work has very nice color laser printers and I have heavy weight paper I can print on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:
I'm fine with just downloadable...work has very nice color laser printers and I have heavy weight paper I can print on.
Id rather have the side quests printed than the Alien cards (don't have GD).

Surely an add-on to the actual game should have more (or at least the same) priority than one for another game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Cargill
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
One die to roll them all
badge
One die to roll them all
mbmbmbmbmb
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
Starfury wrote:

Surely an add-on to the actual game should have more (or at least the same) priority than one for another game?

The Alien cards are for S&S though... plus if you're wanting the aliens they will be available through the pledge manager. The good thing about that is that you can substitute other enemies in the quests for the GD aliens if you feel like it

The side quest will most likely be a single sheet of paper so shouldn't be an issue to print out. Either way the campaign hasn't revealed the final 2 stretch goals so it could still be printed material for remaining downloadable stuff! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewAU wrote:
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
Starfury wrote:

The Alien cards are for S&S though... plus if you're wanting the aliens they will be available through the pledge manager. The good thing about that is that you can substitute other enemies in the quests for the GD aliens if you feel like it

The side quest will most likely be a single sheet of paper so shouldn't be an issue to print out. Either way the campaign hasn't revealed the final 2 stretch goals so it could still be printed material for remaining downloadable stuff! thumbsup
Fair enough!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, it is a Scenario Editor (which would be really cool; make your own scenarios) and "The Final Enemy".

Anyways, I have no problem with printed quests...

Having the cards as actual cards is great, though, and I am glad they will be done that way.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kaplan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly can't wait to cut down aliens with the various fantasy heroes, and someone will use the scenario editor to make a awesome alien based campaign I am sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls