Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
Microbadge: I play both wargames and eurosMicrobadge: Sierra Madre Games fanMicrobadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: Riichi Mahjong fanMicrobadge: 2019 Gold Supporter
RAS can be initiated by either a Supply ship or a Destroyer, correct?

The five player variant note regarding the Destroyer player needing to leave 4 movement made me think of this.

In the main rules, it seems that only the Destroyers can initiate a RAS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Benford
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
RAS can be initiated by either a Supply ship or a Destroyer, correct?

The five player variant note regarding the Destroyer player needing to leave 4 movement made me think of this.

In the main rules, it seems that only the Destroyers can initiate a RAS.
Short answer: 'Yes'.

It is perhaps more usual for a destroyer to move to the Supply ship so that the former can complete all it wants to do during a turn before the RAS move ends the available actions but, as for the rule allowing the Supply ship to move to a destroyer stranded without fuel, the Supply ship may be moved to the destroyer. The requirement for the destroyer(s) to have 4 movement spaces remaining at the start of a RAS move applies to all player variants (page 12: The four squares moved while conducting a RAS count towards the total movement the ships are allowed in a turn ... ). 

[The five-player variant introduces a structured order of play to combine the Soviet roles].
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls