Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
Microbadge: Member of the BGG Community since 2000Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ragdoll cat loverMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Level 14 BGG poster
I just picked this up, without knowing a lot about it, apart from the original game being very well regarded. Essentially, there are two sets of of lot of the components here? Counters / Wooden disks with stickers, metal coins / cardboard coins, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If you got one of the TMG kickstarter deluxe versions (it has the splash on the back that says deluxe), yes- essentially it's got all the components of the regular version, plus deluxe components that can be used to replace many of the cardboard components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Member of the BGG Community since 2000Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Ragdoll cat loverMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Level 14 BGG poster
truekid wrote:
If you got one of the TMG kickstarter deluxe versions (it has the splash on the back that says deluxe), yes- essentially it's got all the components of the regular version, plus deluxe components that can be used to replace many of the cardboard components.
Thanks - it has the splash, and tons of extra pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Auctioning (Almost) All The Games!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Kickstarter page, and looking at my copy:

- 47 custom metal coins.
- 104 wooden worker discs with double the stickers.
- 16 wooden wheels.
- 14 meeple citizens.
- 90 wooden goods.
- 5 custom meeples, 1 for each player to replace merchants.
All of the above replace cardboard pieces and meeples, but the original are still included in the box.

So the only cardboard pieces that are still needed to play are the big boards, start player, technology tiles, and place tiles.

In addition:
- 5th player pieces (hidden stretch goal!)
- Tavern & depot expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks Gerald! My wife and I went through it a couple of nights ago and worked it all out (we think).

One thing we weren't sure about - we received double stickers. Do you sticker both sides of the disks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
we received double stickers. Do you sticker both sides of the disks?
Up to you!
The doubling of stickers was a stretch goal,
Quote:
to use on both sides of the workers and/or to have replacements in the case of wear over time.
I think I'll use them on both side, to make it just a tad easier when you take them from the bag to place on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gerald wrote:
I think I'll use them on both side, to make it just a tad easier when you take them from the bag to place on the board.
That's likely what I will end up doing, however at first I am only placing stickers on one side to see if they stay on OK and don't wear out in a short time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have Deluxe edition. Excited about it. Haven't played game. Basic question on setting up/stickering:

The game says you have 16 Farmers. In addition, each player apparently starts with a Farmer in his player color.

On my sticker sheet, I have 24 total Farmer stickers:

18 Farmers, 5 Farmers for each of the 5 player colors, then 1 listed as "Replacement."

For my wooden tokens, I have 23 white wooden tokens.

Trying not to screw up, here...

... does this mean:

Sticker 16 Farmer tokens.
Sticker 5 player Farmer tokens.

... and just leave it at that?

In this case, I suppose I then have two unused white wooden tokens, and three unused Farmer stickers. (This doesn't include the whole second sheet of stickers as well, of course.)

Again, I haven't yet played the game or read the rules so this is very much a n00bish question.

--David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
It took us a bit to figure out the stickers, but we had the correct amount matching the wooden disks. The rules don't recognise the fifth player components, but when you add those in (listed on the sticker sheet as what to remove when not playing with five, and ignoring the spare stickers on the sheet), you get there.

So, farmers....
16 discs plus four for the players, as per the rules = 20.
Plus the fifth player farmer = 21.
Plus the 2 extra discs for the five player game = 23.

I hope....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I did was lay down the two different sticker sheets (i.e. not the duplicates yet), and put the discs on top of them, and there was no discrepancy (i.e., all discs had a corresponding sticker, and all stickers except replacements had a disc).

I played it last night. Contrary to what I said above I only placed stickers on one side, as it took a long time already!
It's actually better this way: If I leave discs on my board from one turn to the next, I flip them to hide the stickers, so I know I cannot move these during planning.

My main concern after playing once is that the lighter-colored discs get dirty quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Anzaldo
Mexico
Mexico
DF
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gerald wrote:
What I did was lay down the two different sticker sheets (i.e. not the duplicates yet), and put the discs on top of them, and there was no discrepancy (i.e., all discs had a corresponding sticker, and all stickers except replacements had a disc).

I played it last night. Contrary to what I said above I only placed stickers on one side, as it took a long time already!
It's actually better this way: If I leave discs on my board from one turn to the next, I flip them to hide the stickers, so I know I cannot move these during planning.

My main concern after playing once is that the lighter-colored discs get dirty quickly.
Well, some games with pretty components are not ment to be played without washing your hands, or while eating cheetos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls