Subject: Great Write-Up for those interested rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Florence has written up a great overview over at Rock Paper Shotgun that is a joy to read. He will also have a session report available soon. Here is a link to the first article:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/11/10/cardboard-childre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Slovakia
flag msg tools
Him and his Cardboard Children on RPS are the sole reason why I got into boardgames... now I'm really excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rog B
United Kingdom
Manchester
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmb
still no real review of the game but its coming soon.

A lot of previews mention 'a unit has 2 actions'. what constitutes a unit? a single model? a group of 3, or 5?

i had a flip through the manual in a local GW but forgot to read that bit. perhaps another lunchbreak stroll is in order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Slovakia
flag msg tools
RogB wrote:

A lot of previews mention 'a unit has 2 actions'. what constitutes a unit? a single model? a group of 3, or 5?

i had a flip through the manual in a local GW but forgot to read that bit. perhaps another lunchbreak stroll is in order.
If I'm not mistaken, based on the gameplay overview in white dwarf, a unit (which can consist of up to 3(?) models) has 2 actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kidd
Ireland
Templemore
Tipperary
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RogB wrote:

From what I've learned (and played with a little) a "unit" is all models within a given hex. As each Hex can only have models from 1 side in it and only hold up to 3 "bulk" worth of models (a Marine is "bulk" 1, a Termie is "bulk" 2 and the Contemptor is "bulk" 3) you can mix model types within a "unit" as long as they follow the Hex's "bulk" limitations...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rog B
United Kingdom
Manchester
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmb
ah interesting, so you can mix/merge units on the fly. thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 18 BGG posterMicrobadge: Warhammer Quest forever!Microbadge: "TCAT" - Member of the Twin Cities Ameritrash GroupMicrobadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: Con of the North attendee
Rancemeister wrote:
RogB wrote:

From what I've learned (and played with a little) a "unit" is all models within a given hex. As each Hex can only have models from 1 side in it and only hold up to 3 "bulk" worth of models (a Marine is "bulk" 1, a Termie is "bulk" 2 and the Contemptor is "bulk" 3) you can mix model types within a "unit" as long as they follow the Hex's "bulk" limitations...
Cool, this game is sounding better and better with the more information I read about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls