Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Kumanchik
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If the last 3 cards drawn were all lost dreams and I have an empty dreamcatcher but was only able to refill my hand to 4 cards do I win or lose?

I've had similar conditions happen before where everything worked out but at the end of my turn I could refill my hand to 5 cards but otherwise it looked like I won, so I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In The Dreamcatchers variant, step 3 "Shuffle the Limbo pile," is replaced with putting the Limbo pile onto a Dreamcatcher. Unfortunately, Step 3 would not trigger in your case in order for you to do so because Step 2 was not fulfilled.

"If you have 5 cards in your hand, go to phase 3 "Shuffle the Limbo pile."

This has happened to me several times where 1 or 2 cards took victory away from me shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Wilting
Netherlands
Vught
flag msg tools
That would mean that if a Lost Dream is the bottom card of the deck, you're baically going to just lose the game as long as you can't shuffle the deck due to any effect. It's according to the rules, I think, but in the spirit of the game it seems unfair.

I just had this situation today:
- 1 card in the deck; a Lost Dream
- 5 cards in hand; a red Sun, 2 blue Suns, a brown Moon and a brown Key
- 3 Lost Dreams and a Nightmare captured; 1 Lost Dream on each of the first 3 Dreamcatchers and the Nightmare on the fourth
- All 8 Doors opened
- 2 Failsafes available

Well, my conclusion here was that I lost the game already, because there was no location card in the deck. Even if the final Lost Dream would have been drawn, I could never fill my hand back up to 5 cards. The reason that losing the game in this situation feels unfair is that I wouldn't need any location card for any door anymore, because they are already opened. Because I have 2 Failsafes available, I could have prevented the overload trigger of Dreamcatchers by removing it and putting the Nightmare back in the deck, but that wouldn't help me at all, no matter in which order the cards from the deck would have been drawn from that moment on. I guess you always must have captured all Lost Dreams BEFORE you draw the last card from the deck and not AT THE MOMENT you draw the last card, because if that card is actually the Lost Dream, then you'll lose any way if there is no location card. However, if the last card would have been the brown Door, I would have won, because the Lost Dreams would all have been captured and the brown Key would have opened the Door. And I even don't have to completely fill my hand.

Well, okay, it may be fair, but it is a little odd at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls