Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what's happened? The Geek now fills all of my screen and there's no ads. It's super fast too. A visit to the Geek used to remind me of why I don't have dial-up anymore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Re: Not sure where the ads have gone but site is really fast
i personally like it. I had huge problems with loading times even though i have 16mbps. now everything is so quick and efficent.

But I have one question for Aldie will it be permanent? If so how will you get ad revenue? I personally like looking at the ads sometimes i find great things.

btw for people that also like the ads and notice something and then it disapears and they cant find it again, look here.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/advertisers.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it didn't last. 7 seconds for the front page to load. 7 seconds for my inbox, 7 for the 'topic reply notification, 7 seconds for this thread to load up.

That's nearly half a minute of my life I'm not getting back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you visit the site alot then maybe you should consider paying the $25 to get supporter, which will allow you to adblock for a whole year... and in the process you are actually helping the site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
verandi wrote:
Well if you visit the site alot then maybe you should consider paying the $25 to get supporter, which will allow you to adblock for a whole year... and in the process you are actually helping the site!

when i can afford to do so i will definatly do so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
Well it didn't last. 7 seconds for the front page to load. 7 seconds for my inbox, 7 for the 'topic reply notification, 7 seconds for this thread to load up. That's nearly half a minute of my life I'm not getting back!

Fluffy - have you tried using FireFox with AdBlock installed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. I use Maxthon browser which has adblocking, but I don't think we're supposed to discuss that......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.