Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are seriously asking for 2X+ of the pledge amount?

There's not that much "Exclusive" content and the retail base game is $64.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:

You don't think it's worth it don't buy it... pretty simple... if people don't buy the price will go down if those selling really want to sell it...

No need to "complain" about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If people refuse those prices then they'll come down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most, I'd guess, who list at premium prices like that usually aren't in a hurry to sell it. They are waiting for one buyer - not ANY buyer.
Waiting for that one person who just has to have it and has money to burn.

Who knows what the future will bring with the game. If demand continues to rise for the exclusives, that person may be listing it too low. And if the Christmas season clears out the more moderately-priced bundles, he may get it. I've seen (and have sold) games at prices that really surprised me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't looked up the price scalpers are charging -- I'm guessing $150, from your comment about double the pledge cost? Is that for the 4-player KS set? If so, that might not be as unreasonable as you seem to think.

Consider:

The 4p KS set includes the core game, two expansions, and some additional exclusives and upgrades.

Core: $64 online, $80 retail
Mystics: $20 online, $25 retail
Gods: $16 online, $20 retail

That's $100 if you buy the set online, $125 at retail.

But the KS includes upgraded components and the Wildboar clan, as well as several exclusive monsters. Not counting the 'rarity' of these exclusives, they represent at least a 25% increase in components (literally 25% increase in 'clan' components, about 50% in monsters, but the board is unchanged and card count increase is smaller).

So that brings the price up to at least $120 or so. If the scalpers are charging $150, then they are definitely adding a rarity fee, but it's nothing like the "double price" you mention.

Bottom line: I'm glad I bought myself the KS game, and if you feel the scalper price is too much, shop at CSI instead! The game should be eminently playable with the retail components, and even with the core game only!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone been keeping an eye on how it's been doing on ebay? I saw a few ridiculous listings before it was shipped did they get better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ones I've seen are $185 and up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some listings on there aren't totally out of hand. Not for as much hype as BR has gotten. It's still within reach for someone who desires the exclusives.
There is even a listing for the exclusives only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Anyone been keeping an eye on how it's been doing on ebay? I saw a few ridiculous listings before it was shipped did they get better?
Got mine off Ebay for $70 shipped a couple of weeks ago. Brand new base game only. Keep an eye out, there are reasonable prices out there. Retailers will start getting games distributed to them by mid December, at least you can wait until then and not give in to the scalpers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
I haven't looked up the price scalpers are charging -- I'm guessing $150, from your comment about double the pledge cost? Is that for the 4-player KS set? If so, that might not be as unreasonable as you seem to think.

Consider:

The 4p KS set includes the core game, two expansions, and some additional exclusives and upgrades.

Core: $64 online, $80 retail
Mystics: $20 online, $25 retail
Gods: $16 online, $20 retail

That's $100 if you buy the set online, $125 at retail.

But the KS includes upgraded components and the Wildboar clan, as well as several exclusive monsters. Not counting the 'rarity' of these exclusives, they represent at least a 25% increase in components (literally 25% increase in 'clan' components, about 50% in monsters, but the board is unchanged and card count increase is smaller).

So that brings the price up to at least $120 or so. If the scalpers are charging $150, then they are definitely adding a rarity fee, but it's nothing like the "double price" you mention.

Bottom line: I'm glad I bought myself the KS game, and if you feel the scalper price is too much, shop at CSI instead! The game should be eminently playable with the retail components, and even with the core game only!

Do not forget that there is also a shipping cost - anywhere from $10-20 depending on your location. My shipping was $10. Tack that onto your calculations, and the rarity fee is only $20. That's not really scalping. That's just the cost of not getting in on the Kickstarter, waiting to see how good the game turns out to be, and then deciding you really want the experience of the game with the KS components. It's a fair premium, in my opinion.

Of course, most sellers are charging a much higher rarity fee, but that's basic economics. The market will abide what the consumer is willing to pay. If that is not a fair premium, then we will know it soon enough when the prices for the KS editions start to decline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

You don't think it's worth it don't buy it... pretty simple... if people don't buy the price will go down if those selling really want to sell it...

No need to quote when you are the first to post either. The reply button is a better option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

No need to quote when you are the first to post either. The reply button is a better option.
It's tough when people see a chance to be the first to demonstrate a smug sense of superiority..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

Often quoting is the better option, since BGG allows people to delete the first post of a thread. Which is just confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Level 08 BGG posterMicrobadge: Rugby fanMicrobadge: Geek RegularMicrobadge: 2015 Secret Santa participantMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!
Rochambeaux wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

It's tough when people see a chance to be the first to demonstrate a smug sense of superiority..

Just taking a quick look at the sales history for Blood Rage, there are a LOT of sales for the KS Exclusive sets for $200 and up, including one sale at $279. So whatever any one person thinks about how much it "should" sell for, a lot of others are very willing to pay a lot more than that.

That's the free market. As long as there are buyers willing to pay the higher prices, then someone will be willing to sell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

LOOOOOOOL... really?????

BathTubNZ wrote:
Flaviorbs wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

Often quoting is the better option, since BGG allows people to delete the first post of a thread. Which is just confusing.
At least someone thinks around here... Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

LOOOOOOOL... really?????
Really. Look at all the rationale and thought out responses. Yours was just a troll.

I could have easily as said "If you don't like my post don't respond".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

LOOOOOOOL... really?????
Really. Look at all the rationale and thought out responses. Yours was just a troll.

I could have easily as said "If you don't like my post don't respond".
And why is that? I explained how the demand and offer market works and that posts like this make no difference whatsoever in controling the prices... That's it... If you don't like it it's not my problem... I wasn't trolling anyone and wasn't disrespectful unlike you were.., that's all.

Have a nice day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind saying I bought a KS copy with all the extras and the art book for a premium price.

Ok, it was stupidly expensive, but I thought the game was damn good when I played someone's copy AND looks fab. So this was the way to go to get everything as I am a bit of a completist.

Do I mind paying someone a high price? Not really. It meant I could be a late adopter yet get what I want, and I avoided buying into a lot of KS fails. And the seller made some money out of taking a risk.

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:

And why is that? I explained how the demand and offer market works and that posts like this make no difference whatsoever in controling the prices... That's it... If you don't like it it's not my problem... I wasn't trolling anyone and wasn't disrespectful unlike you were.., that's all.

Have a nice day
Clap clap.. beautiful passive aggressive display. I'm sure your husband is constantly thwarted by it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Have a nice day
Clap clap.. beautiful passive aggressive display. I'm sure your husband is constantly thwarted by it.
And again totally disrespectful... Thankfully people like you are the minority in this great community but still, it's a real shame that we have to put up with it from time to time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Have a nice day

Wait, are you *really* using gay-bashing innuendos...in 2015? What fucking cave did you crawl out of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muse23PT wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:
Muse23PT wrote:

Have a nice day
And again totally disrespectful... Thankfully people like you are the minority in this great community but still, it's a real shame that we have to put up with it from time to time!
You do know that you are a troll, right? You just pretend that insulting others is just a way for you to defend against what you perceive as trollilng, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
BathTubNZ wrote:
Just sold a copy for $225 + shipping. Although it included the 5th player expansion as well. I haven't seen a copy sell for $300 plus in a while. Seems $200-$300 is the going range depending on what extras are included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
River Vale
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
I haven't looked up the price scalpers are charging
This isn't scalping. Scalping requires the resource to be in a fixed amount, like tickets. That's why people hate scalpers - scalpers prevented someone from buying the item in the first place.

This is speculating. No one was prevented from backing the game by someone else doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
BathTubNZ wrote:
Just sold a copy for $225 + shipping. Although it included the 5th player expansion as well. I haven't seen a copy sell for $300 plus in a while. Seems $200-$300 is the going range depending on what extras are included.
Now is the time to buy while there are a lot of copies available. The price will be back over $300 in 6 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |