BGG» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Co-op recommendation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hayden
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Every so often, I organize what amounts to an all-day game session where some friends get together, eat, and play one long game. We've done this in the past with Die Macher, Eclipse, and Through the Ages. I'm planning another such session soon, and I had my heart set on playing a long cooperative game this time.

I've played plenty of cooperative games, but the only one that springs to mind that would fit the day-long template is Eldritch Horror (using "day-long" somewhat loosely). I like that game fine and might go with it, but I wanted to see if there were other recommendations out there.

I also thought about something like Pathfinder or Shadowrun: Crossfire, and if anyone is familiar with either of those, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on marathoning one of those campaign-style games. How far could we get? Could we reach a satisfactory conclusion if some of those guys won't be back to play games anytime soon?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David McSorley
Scotland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends if someone is prepared to build some decks, but if so, Lord of the Rings LCG is an fun "all day" game. You can play one of the adventure cycles all the way through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Morgan
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play through the entire "year" of Pandemic Legacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Bates
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island and the expansion Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1). Play through all 5 campaign missions of the expansion. It would make for an amazing day of gaming, plus you get to score end-game bonus points if you complete it all in one sitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls