Subject: Noob Kickstarter Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Dotzenrod
United States
Novi
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I use free shipping as an excuse to buy more gamesMicrobadge: Minnesota Twins fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: Northwestern UniversityMicrobadge: Bass Guitar fan
So I only just came across the KS for this game. Did not know much about Super Dungeon Explorer except that it was a dungeon crawl game.

I really would only play this game co op. Is supporting the KS at the New Player level worth it? I understand only arcade mode allows for co op play. What is the consensus of the co op version of this game? Is it satisfying? Or does it seem bland? Is there lots of replayability?

Also, if I only plan to back at the New Player level, and also just am looking for a co op experience, is it worth backing? Or should I just wait for retail?

I would do more research myself, but since I only just found out about the game, and there is only 15 hours left, I had no choice but to turn to the forum.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given you're late to the party and with just 15 hrs to go on the KS, I suggest pledging $1. You may then spend a few weeks researching and, when the Pledge Manager opens (a few weeks from KS end), you'll be able to choose any of the KS pledges + addons and pay the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
All Purpose Neko-Sensei
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, popping in $1 now and researching is sound advice. You will not lose out on anything by increasing your pledge later in the Pledge Manager which will open about a month or so after the KS closes.

Both Arcade & Classic Modes have their advantages.

Arcade, all players are cooperating and the monsters are on auto-pilot. This is also superb for solo-play which is a big help in getting familiar with the rules.

Classic, one player is the Consul who controls the monsters. This way, the monsters are not so predictable. And after a Consul player has gained some experience with the game, they can tailor the difficulty of the dungeon to be appropriately challenging to the experience of the other players — the same a DM for any type of RPG can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls