Hide
7 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: My Descent card storage setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Art Wallace
msg tools
I enjoyed Descent but storing the cards was driving me crazy because I couldn't find anything remotely workable. Since no one else seemed to have a great solution for this, I'm posting mine.

A few weeks ago I found a company on Etsy called MeepleRealty that was starting to make a custom box insert for Imperial Assault. It had an interesting card holder for FFG style American Mini sized cards and American sized cards. So I emailed them and asked if they would be willing to sell them separately for a reasonable price.

To my surprise, they were and had a direct web site off of Etsy. Each card holder was $9 which I thought was perfectly doable. I ended up buying 5 each of the American Mini and American trays.

All my cards are sleeved with the yellow and green FFG supply sleeves and you can see they fit in the trays perfectly. You can see the Descent class cards have been divided out into neat sections.

The American sized card holder also holds standard sized cards. Here are my Pandemic cards in the same trays:

I really like these card holders. They are very flexible and allow me to put the dividers wherever suits me.

Pros:
* relatively cheap
* sturdy enough
* dividers are flexible

Cons:
* trays are not long enough
* no labeling solution
* not stackable

I've sent an email to Lee @ MeepleRealty asking if they might make longer trays. My thought is a 22 cm length would be ideal. I haven't heard anything concrete back from them yet- they might be waiting to see how popular these are first.

If these look good to you, check out their shop. I'm glad to finally have a solution for storing all these cards. It's cut game setup time down to minutes for me.

PS- Here are photos of the unassembled kits:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ramos
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review Art!

Your absolutely right, if there is enough interest in longer card holders we'd definitely create the supply for the demand.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
How many do each of these hold sleeved? Broken Token lists how many the cases hold sleeved and unsleeved and with and without the dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Wallace
msg tools
I just did a quick count of some FFG yellow-sleeved Zombicide cards in an American Mini tray. I tested how many cards would fit between two dividers with a single empty divider between them.

15 sleeved cards will comfortably fit with no compression. At 18 the fit gets too tight.

There are 20 divider slots plus a slightly larger section before the first and after the last dividers.

Sorry, I don't have any idea how these would work for unsleeved cards.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Ramos
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Its difficult to get accurate measurement. If you use sleeved cards the type of sleeves make a difference on how many cards can fit. Also, the number of dividers used make a difference.

For exact measurements the following might help:
Total usable space of the tray: 136.6mm
Width of each divider: 3.2mm

Lee R
Meeple Realty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Bone
msg tools
that is a nice setup. i think i might have to modify mine now. Out of curiosity do you have any ideas on how to set up some storage for all the tokens? ie traps, effects, curses.. ect...
iv been thing about just cutting small PCV pipes in half and gluing them into a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Wallace
msg tools
I just use Plano and ArtBin boxes for the other stuff. There's so many figures and FFG is constantly coming out with more. I don't see any other way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.