T.I.M.E Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Good lunch game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Brown
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Man, Sub-creator, the refracted Light through whom is splintered from a single White to many hues, and endlessly combined in living shapes that move from mind to mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering picking this up to play with some co-workers over lunch. Is it reasonable to expect to get a run done in about an hour, once we know what we are doing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Brink
msg tools
Hi,

no, I don´t think so.

Best regards,
Andreas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Nicholas
United States
Wake Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, definitely not. A run will take a couple hours, and despite the effort they put into "saving" the run, it would be much better to complete each run in a single sitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Yu
United States
el segundo
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a group play it over lunch at work and it worked out fine. Granted, I had played before and helped them with the rules/logistics of laying cards out, etc to help expedite, but overall they were able to complete a run in an hour. The downside was they wanted to run again right away and couldn't!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TIME Stories is a game that sucks you in and makes you want to keep going. It can be awkward at times stopping in the middle of a run, only to have to set up and remember where you last left off. The insert helps you by making it easier to "save" games, but it won't be the same experience as a full run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Only if you're okay with your lunch having a smooth transition into dinner time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.