Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm trying not to carry over preconceived notions from the first edition. . .

If I'm reading the rules right, when a zombie is discovered as a result of entering a single-hex building the zombie is placed six hexes away, rather than in the building? 13.3.1 (Zombie surprise) specifically refers to entiring a hex with a colored triangle, but it doesn't mention single-hex buildings.

In a previous thread ("shot markers") here on BGG it was established that zombies placed as a result of noise do not immediately trigger an in-sight test, and do not move until next activated. I don't believe the same is true of NPCs - they trigger an in-sight test when first placed. Am I correct here?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand it, zombies never take or trigger in sight for any reason. NPCs trigger in sight immediately when they first enter LOS including when generated.

13.2.3 says you meet zombies in buildings, including 1 hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Brett Schaller wrote:
I'm trying not to carry over preconceived notions from the first edition. . .

If I'm reading the rules right, when a zombie is discovered as a result of entering a single-hex building the zombie is placed six hexes away, rather than in the building? 13.3.1 (Zombie surprise) specifically refers to entiring a hex with a colored triangle, but it doesn't mention single-hex buildings. Here goes.
13.2.3 Meeting Zombies in Buildings
When you enter a building for the first time.... So when you enter a building either a 1 hex or colored triangle you pull an Event Card. This triggers Zombies Surprise.

In a previous thread ("shot markers") here on BGG it was established that zombies placed as a result of noise do not immediately trigger an in-sight test, and do not move until next activated. I don't believe the same is true of NPCs - they trigger an in-sight test when first placed. Am I correct here? Correct.Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
az_sunsets73 wrote:
So when you enter a building either a 1 hex or colored triangle you pull an Event Card. This triggers Zombies Surprise.
I think that was the confusing part because 13.3.1 specifically limits Zombie Surprise to entering hexes with colored triangles:

13.3.1 ZOMBIE SURPRISE wrote:
When you enter a hex with a colored triangle and succeed in getting inside (not when coming out) we place zombies differently than outlined. We call it Zombie Surprise and here’s how we do it:

• The character moves to a hex with a colored triangle.
• He succeeds in entering the building by rolling
the required number for the triangle; Green (1-
5), Yellow (1 – 4), or Red (1 – 3).
For single hex buildings I had just been going straight into melee with the generated zombies, so now the humans can get a chance to shoot first (and ask questions later).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
joshaubry wrote:
az_sunsets73 wrote:
So when you enter a building either a 1 hex or colored triangle you pull an Event Card. This triggers Zombies Surprise.
I think that was the confusing part because 13.3.1 specifically limits Zombie Surprise to entering hexes with colored triangles:

13.3.1 ZOMBIE SURPRISE wrote:
When you enter a hex with a colored triangle and succeed in getting inside (not when coming out) we place zombies differently than outlined. We call it Zombie Surprise and here’s how we do it:

• The character moves to a hex with a colored triangle.
• He succeeds in entering the building by rolling
the required number for the triangle; Green (1-
5), Yellow (1 – 4), or Red (1 – 3).
For single hex buildings I had just been going straight into melee with the generated zombies, so now the humans can get a chance to shoot first (and ask questions later).
Nice catch. You can do it that way if you like and it will work that way as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. A couple of more questions, if I may.

I've managed to recruit 2 more people for my group. But come activation time, one of my guys got separated by one hex - that is, he's no longer in the same or adjacent hex to other group members.
Since a group is defined as being in the same or adjacent hex, must he now roll his own activation die, or does he still fall under my activation die?

I entered a building and ran into some militia members. After a friendly chat, we decided to go our separate ways. The next activation die roll was doubles, resulting in a card draw and a ganger placed six hexes away - out of my group's line of sight, but in the line of sight of the militia. How, if at all, do the militia and ganger interact? Do they take the friend or foe and talk the talk tests? If so, how do you determine which takes the "player" side in the talk the talk table?
Also, would the militia and the ganger use different activation dice, so I would be rolling a total of four dice for activation (my survivors, zombies, militia, and gangers?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Brett Schaller wrote:
Thanks for the replies. A couple of more questions, if I may.

Of course.

I've managed to recruit 2 more people for my group. But come activation time, one of my guys got separated by one hex - that is, he's no longer in the same or adjacent hex to other group members.
Since a group is defined as being in the same or adjacent hex, must he now roll his own activation die, or does he still fall under my activation die? Yes, still your activation die (5.0).

I entered a building and ran into some militia members. After a friendly chat, we decided to go our separate ways. The next activation die roll was doubles, resulting in a card draw and a ganger placed six hexes away - out of my group's line of sight, but in the line of sight of the militia. How, if at all, do the militia and ganger interact? Just like player characters. Do they take the friend or foe and talk the talk tests? Yes. If so, how do you determine which takes the "player" side in the talk the talk table? I do just like a player would. The generated group is the NPC. In this case as the militia are already on the table, they are the "player side".
Also, would the militia and the ganger use different activation dice, so I would be rolling a total of four dice for activation (my survivors, zombies, militia, and gangers?) Correct (5.1). Check how to determine ties and Event Card drawing. Sometimes I use the NPCs after they have finished with the player, sometimes I don't depending upon how much time I have to play. Feel free to choose how to play it. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you! I'll probably have more questions. . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls