4 Posts

Carcassonne: The City» Forums » General

Subject: Can Carcassonne - the City be played as regular Carcassonne? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
irrational idesign
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could someone not use the pieces that are particular to The City (walls, towers, etc.) and use the tiles and meeples to play base/regular Carcassonne?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first answer was "Yes, but why?"

Part of the attraction for the wall building is that it does change up the way things are placed and how you manage your little meeple collection.

That said, you could essentially do this to learn the basic concept of Carcassonne as a game type, but there are many other variants of tile-laying that would be easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
irrational idesign
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mainly because I own Carcassonne - the City, but not regular Carcassonne. I've never even played any variant of Carcssonne other than the City. I'm wondering if I can download the instructions for base Carcassonne and use the tiles from the City to play that version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kennedy

New Hampshire
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Understood...There are some aspects of the City that score and play differently than regular Carcassonne so that's why I'm not quite sure it would work as well. Or ask for the Big Box as a gift and problem solved.laugh

You can certainly try it to see what you think. Here's a geeklist for some of the other standalones to compare that I did a while ago too for reference: (The Other Carcassonnes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls