4 Posts

Fleet: Arctic Bounty» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Random Solo Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Paladins of the West Kingdom fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bed
Hi all,

Just getting around to playing this solo now for the first time.

1) Am I right in assuming that if you don't / can't purchase a license in any given round, you don't pick up 2 boats cards from the supply as is the case in the 2-player variant? I am using Gone Fishing so that I am not left with nothing.

2) Can Captains duplicate a license in their hand if they win the auction (as apposed to when just trying to pick up what is left at the end)?

3) Is there a maximum boat card hand size?

4) DFO Cards: Do you just take crates from the supply instead of from the captains? (Also curious how the Nunavut Weather Authority card is usable in a solo game if both captains don't collect fish crates?).

5) Scoring: How do you score for the King Crab 'Number of Captains Card', as T.C and kirkman do not require captains?

Final Edit: So since I posted my questions I have noticed that various other people have asked them all, and had replies either from the designers or other gamers. This is what I understand to be correct. Hope it helps:

1) I was wrong, you do pick up 2 boat cards (And generally speaking Gone Fishing is not recommended in a solo or 2-player game, although if you feel you want to use it then go for it).

2) Yes

3)No

4) Yes (although I'm still not sure how the Nunavut Weather Authority card works with solo?)

5) T.C and Kirkman boats are automatically Captained (and at full fish crate capacity) and so you simply add up the boat cards which will then give you the number of VP's to add (6 Boats = 6 VP's)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you were able to find what you were looking for!

For the weather authority, I would just recommend not using it in the solo variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: 1 Player Guild - Together We Game AloneMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Paladins of the West Kingdom fanMicrobadge: Parent of One BoyMicrobadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bed
Yes, I came to that conclusion just now too, thanks!

I'm now wondering which of the crewman cards are activated by T.C and Kirkman, and which get ignored if they pick them up. Would these be the right assumptions (not sure about the second to last one)?

Artisan Fisherman - Ignore
Tug Boat - Ignore
No Fish Crates this Round - Activate
Four Crates - Activate for VP's at game end. Not used for currency.
Extra Crate during Fishing - Ignore
Extra Launch - Activate
Another License in Play - ?
Draw 3 Boat Cards / Discard One - Ignore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree except I would give them the artisan and consider it full.

The license booster ya no effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls