Popular Tags: 504:123 [+] [View All]
Alex Ansari
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been working through this introductory game and have come across something confusing. In the Book of Worlds, 2.II states, "The first time the player reaches 1 city and exchanges 1 resident for 1 settlement, he places that resident directly on top of the matching city card." I take this to mean that in order to place a resident on a card, you must place a settlement in that city, regardless of whether you were first or not. The income example on the left side seems to support this.

However, in the 2-page overview in the rule book, the example under "3. Income" on page 5 contradicts this. The player moves into a city that has already been settled by another player, does not place a settlement, and still moves his resident to the appropriate card. He obviously doesn't get the first bonus, but doesn't have to give up a settlement to move his resident.

Is this a typo on this specific example? Is my interpretation off? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedemann Friese
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir_Alex wrote:
So I've been working through this introductory game and have come across something confusing. In the Book of Worlds, 2.II states, "The first time the player reaches 1 city and exchanges 1 resident for 1 settlement, he places that resident directly on top of the matching city card."

123 is a game without residents. The sentence in the Book of Worlds is for "Phase 3D: Residents". Just ignore it because you play without residents. The only rule you need for this is in "phase 3E", marked with the "no residents" icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Ansari
United States
Temple City
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
friedemann wrote:
Sir_Alex wrote:
So I've been working through this introductory game and have come across something confusing. In the Book of Worlds, 2.II states, "The first time the player reaches 1 city and exchanges 1 resident for 1 settlement, he places that resident directly on top of the matching city card."

123 is a game without residents. The sentence in the Book of Worlds is for "Phase 3D: Residents". Just ignore it because you play without residents. The only rule you need for this is in "phase 3E", marked with the "no residents" icon.

Thank you for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Young
United States
Holland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the headquarters count as a settlement? Can a player land on another players capitol place a settlement and get paid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zzypster wrote:
Does the headquarters count as a settlement? Can a player land on another players capitol place a settlement and get paid?

Yes, headquarters are considered settlements. Your headquarters (aka your capital) only allows you to place more residents in the purchase phase.

And no, a player does not get paid for placing a settlement on another player's capital.

Henning
(2F-Spiele)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Young
United States
Holland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the fast response. Love what I am seeing so far. For my own clarification in 3.II you can start building factories on turn one with your headquarters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zzypster wrote:
For my own clarification in 3.II you can start building factories on turn one with your headquarters.

Yes, your headquarters is considered to be a settlement, too, so you can build 1 factory per turn in your capital.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zzypster wrote:

As Henning said, not for placing the settlement, but I just wanted to mention you will get paid for entering that city for the first time, as you'll move your resident to the city card.

And you could get paid for placing the settlement if you own the privilege that gives a one-time income for each settlement you place in a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Engelberg
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the purpose of placing a settlement on the card corresponding to your headquarters city? This didn't seem to serve any purpose in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that you always can easily detect, which cities you haven't visited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And that's important as you only get income from them the first time you visit them (2.II).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.