Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
Microbadge: I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that...Microbadge: Jack in the Box fanMicrobadge: JugglerMicrobadge: This is a mooseover.Microbadge: Panda Express lover
1:

Sorry New England fans...actually not so much.

2: Anyone who believes Aqib Talib accidentally poked that Colts player in the eye is likely waiting for a big payday from Nigeria.

3: Weird injuries seem to go in streaks. With the Vikings last year 4 players suffered pectoral muscle tears ending their seasons. That streak continued this pre-season when John Robinson had the same injury and has yet to play. While not an unheard of injury it's unusual to see that many players taken out by it in such a short period.

I bring this up because suddenly this past week it's lacerated kidneys with both Keenan Allen of the Chargers and Andrew Luck of the Colts both being snake bit.

4: The Buffalo Bills have made right DE IK Enemkpali one of the team Captains for Thursday night's game. If you can't quiet place the name this is the guy who punch Jets' quarterback Geno Smith in training camp breaking his jaw resulting in Smith losing his starting job and the team waiving Enemkpali. The long term result is Enemkpali will walk out onto the field for the official coin toss Thusday night where he will then shake hands with the team captains for the Jets including Geno Smith who will be starting at QB. This will be the first football game that I can ever remember where I am looking forward to the coin toss.

5: There are two things that are true of Rex Ryan. First is he's not that great a head coach. Secondly his news conferences are more entertaining than any George Lucas film in the last 2 decades.

6: Here's a stat to chew on and why I think the old adage that a QB gets to much of the credit when a team wins and to much blame when they lose. Cam Newton is being talked about as an MVP candidate. I have to admit the guy has truly turned into the quarterback the Panthers were hoping for when he was picked #1 in the draft. Which is what makes this little stat so funny. Cam Newton is 26th in the NFL in QB rating. Yep, he's behind guys like Josh McCown, Brian Hoyer and Jameis Winston. The key stat that is taking Newton down is interceptions. One thing stats don't take into account though is quality of the players around you. Newton has a terrible collection of receivers. One of the worst in the NFL which is where the interceptions come from. His guys don't get the separation that most QBs enjoy from their receivers.

Tops in the NFL for interceptions by the way is Peyton Manning. In his case it's not because he suddenly can't play anymore (although Father Time is hanging around) but because his offensive line simply sucks. Ask Andrew Luck about that too. He's gone from pro bowler to target dummy thanks to a horrible offensive line.

7: Best comments by the talking heads on TV I heard this week. We are halfway through the season and the Tennessee Titans are in contention for both the #1 pick in next year's draft and the division title. They are only 1 game out of the #1 pick and only 2 games behind the division leading Colts.

8: I nearly choked when I heard one of the talking heads say that he felt the Cowboys are still in the playoff mix as they have the talent to go undefeated the rest of the season.

9: I read that my Vikings "have arrived" as they are now tied with Green Bay in their division. The Vikings may have arrived but Green Bay still has Aaron Rogers. I may be a Vikings fan but I respect and recognize Rogers is the best QB in football and even with the weaknesses that Green Bay has that means a lot. Two weeks the Packers will play in Minnesota and it's going to be a fun game to watch.

10: Good news for fans of Houston and Cleveland. At this point it looks like there will be 3 early first round talented quarterbacks available in the draft. Paxton Lynch of Memphis, Jared Goff of California and Connor Cook of Michigan State. With 3 guys available you have to think that both teams can get one of them without having to trade up to do so. Thus the nightmares that have been Ryan Mallett and Johnny Manzeil can be laid to rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb

FOOOOTTBAAALLLLLL

My only possible contribution to this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of Manning's INTs have been flukes, tips, stuff like that. But yes, he looks old. For some reason, his receivers have also dropped A LOT of easy catches this year. He still had 2 INTs last game, but man, he made a few gorgeous deep throws.

Seeing the Patriots having a great season gives the same feeling I had the time I drank a bottle of cognac in an hour. God, I hate Brady and his perfect life, perfect face, perfect hair, perfect spouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
Manning is the old savvy vet who you know you can beat, but you are terrified to challenge. Considering his history with the playoffs, I don't have much hope for him turning it on this year. At some point soon, people will have to go, "You know, somebody else would be a better starter than Manning."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
Microbadge: Look up at the starsMicrobadge: and not down at your feet.Microbadge: Try to make sense of what you see,Microbadge: and wonder about what makes the universe exist.Microbadge: Be curious. - Stephen Hawking
mrbeankc wrote:
1: 9: I read that my Vikings "have arrived" as they are now tied with Green Bay in their division. The Vikings may have arrived but Green Bay still has Aaron Rogers. I may be a Vikings fan but I respect and recognize Rogers is the best QB in football and even with the weaknesses that Green Bay has that means a lot. Two weeks the Packers will play in Minnesota and it's going to be a fun game to watch.
Yes, the Vikings have arrived. Sole possession of first place in the NFC North.

As for Aaron Rodgers, he has become a liability rather than an asset. That could certainly change next week, but I hope the Packers go for four in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
Lions winning at GB, and Manning benched early. Craziness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Giorgi
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Craziness at its peak, really. Both on the field and off it. At home, my young tyke is hooked onto this NFL game of his, while his dad is hooked on to the actual NFL matches being played out. I can literally feel the NFL fever building up from the last couple of days!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls