Subject: Final scoring in Porta Nigra quarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicolas Malandain
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
2 players have 6 red bricks and 1 player have 6 black bricks.No one else has 6 bricks, thus the tie cannot be broken between the red bricks.

The rules say that the tied players receive the victory points of the subsequent place, here 12 points.

But the player with the 6 black bricks is still second. Should he receive 12 points also or he is the third and not the second and receives 0 points. The rule doesn't say anything.

We choose to not score the 2nd player which seems to be logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you played correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Clark
United States
Hutto
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The correct answer is that the 2 red brick players would each get 6 points and nothing for "third" place player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
killeen78 wrote:
The correct answer is that the 2 red brick players would each get 6 points and nothing for "third" place player.

I don't think so. The rules are explicit that all the tied players receive the points for second place, they are not split. If you are not convinced from the wording, read it again while considering the case of a three way tie for first. Hopefully that will convince you of the correct interpretation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules quote (page 11):
If a tie cannot be broken, all tied players receive the victory points of the subsequent place. (In a tie for first place, all tied players receive the points of second place. In a tie for second place, the tied players receive no points.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.