Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eirik Johnsbr├ąten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering why this game stops at four players. Of course there are component limitations, with only four player boards. But that's obvious stretch goal food. And you'd need to add some more dice, but since they're not custom dice, that can't add an insane amount of cost.

But how would this affect gameplay, if at all? More downtime? Bigger start player advantage as there's more to choose from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

The game was capped at 4 players due to manufacturing costs with dice. There are very few games with this many dice in the box, especially full 16mm dice. Each additional player would add 18 more dice. With the dice + the bag being over 1/2 the cost to manufacture the game, you can understand that adding 18 more dice would drive the price of the game up significantly.

That said, in theory (I've never tried it), you could play with additional players with additional copies of the game, adding the rule that you can't buy more than 1 of the same card, and each player must play a different class color.

I hope that helps. I'm happy to answer any additional questions about the game or the development process.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbr├ąten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds reasonable. Thanks for your response. Maybe expansion material?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For sure! If the game does well, I have all kind of expansion ideas. A 5th and maybe a 6th player would be part of it. Focusing on funding the base game at this point. We'll see if there will be need for an expansion some day.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Nagai
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
HI Keith,

Now that the Kickstarter has shipped, do you thonk you would do a KS for you above mentioned 5-6 player expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
At some point in 2017, it's likely. Gotta wait and see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls