Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how I missed that one, I usually follow these things...
Anyways:
Is there still a way to get in?
What will I be missing if I go retail?
Will there be enough retail copies or do I need to worry? (Guess I already am!)

Thanks and sorry if that has come up already... But I don't see any threads titled accordingly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a backer myself.

You should be alright. There were no rewards other than the satisfaction of helping this great game get a reprint. I think the only thing you will miss is a slight discount on the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris toph
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Not an actual picture of me!
mbmbmbmbmb
That I can live with!
Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OSS have the game up for preorder on their site: http://ossgamescart.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&pro...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
MSRP $99.95, Preorder $89.95

Shipping weight - 7 lbs. I didn't click through to see if shipping is included or additional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E M
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shipping to Spain: 40 euros zombie I think I'l pass and wait if this beauty gets to spanish shops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slovenia
Ljubljana (Colonia Iulia Aemona, Roman Empire 1st-5th century AD)
flag msg tools
John Company (2017) by Cole Wehrle, Sierra Madre Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping to Slovenia 51.90 USD (48 EUR). I will have to wait for an EU shop, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Microbadge: ShamanismMicrobadge: I drop the F-bombMicrobadge: Mark of the DamnedMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Neon Genesis Evangelion fan
I'd assume that SMG will be acquiring a pallet of games (Phil originally requested a pallet for Essen), so if SMG gets ahold of a few cases, you should be fine… SMG direct is always stupendously cheap shipping. It's very refreshing for board games… even shipping them to the US from Germany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Agapow
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
autumnweave wrote:

Shipping weight - 7 lbs. I didn't click through to see if shipping is included or additional.
7 lbs seems a little heavy. (3.6 kilograms) Is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure, but I think KSd copies of the game come with a die that doesn't have a 1 on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I had a plan...
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
The die is cast.
badge
You say OCD like it's a bad thing.
Microbadge: To infinity ... and beyond!Microbadge: EastFront fanMicrobadge: Calvin and Hobbes fanMicrobadge: I tipped into the Geekgold infinite loopMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.
outlier wrote:
autumnweave wrote:

3.2 Kg. I imagine that it's the mounted boards that do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bird94us wrote:
I'm not sure, but I think KSd copies of the game come with a die that doesn't have a 1 on it.
Nooo, it is a die that has two 1s on it! New feature for gamblers devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
Microbadge: Big Trouble in Little China: The Game fanMicrobadge: Secrets of the Lost Tomb fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Space Cadets: Away Missions fan
outlier wrote:
Seven pounds sounds about right. The shipping weight on Amazon for Twilight Imperium III is 8.2 pounds while Eldritch Horror is 4.8 pounds. IIRC, HF3 will include two large (2" x 3") game boards. There will also be nearly 100 pages of rules and other information. It's going to be a heavy game in more ones than one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
United Kingdom
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
100 pages of rules??

How many pages for the game - and how many for variants, explanations of icons etc? What I really mean is, how much do I have to read before I can get started?

I'm fascinated by the ideas of the game, but a bit daunted by all that reading.soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
100 pages of rules??

How many pages for the game - and how many for variants, explanations of icons etc? What I really mean is, how much do I have to read before I can get started?

I'm fascinated by the ideas of the game, but a bit daunted by all that reading.soblue
The reading isn't nearly as daunting as the rithmatic. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
Microbadge: Big Trouble in Little China: The Game fanMicrobadge: Secrets of the Lost Tomb fanMicrobadge: Eldritch Horror fanMicrobadge: Arkham Horror fanMicrobadge: Space Cadets: Away Missions fan
Fishticuffs wrote:
According to the pre-order page, there is a 48-page rulebook and a 48-page "compendium". That's why I said "nearly 100 pages" for purposes of estimating the weight.

The stretch goals included the following written material (presumably in addition to the rules):

• Solitaire rules and scenarios for the basic game
• A strategy guide for play of the basic game and advanced game
• Advanced political rules
• Advanced simulation modules
• Deep space solitaire rules (Interstellar module)
• Detailed explanation of every patent card

I don't know how these are split between the two booklets but the bottom line is that I don't think all of the reading will be required. The way I see it, you are getting several related games in one box.

PS I noticed autumnweave beat me to ascribing the extra weight to the mounted boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Next Game Please
United Kingdom
Frome
Somerset
flag msg tools
Find a Friend
badge
Next Game Please
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds better each time I think about it. Thanks for the info. Itching to buy a copy!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for the basic game are also only a small portion of that. Around 10-15 pages or so, I think.

Edit: 19 pages, if you actually count them whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishticuffs wrote:
100 pages of rules??

First - start by reading some books regarding rocket science. Then some astrophysics. Then get back to The Game
And meanwhile... Kerbal Space Program PC game to learn astrophysics and rocket science in more practical/experimental way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
Microbadge: Wargamer of 30+ yearsMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: I play with the Imperial Navy!Microbadge: Normandy '44 fanMicrobadge: Empire of the Sun fan
misioooo wrote:
Fishticuffs wrote:
100 pages of rules??

First - start by reading some books regarding rocket science. Then some astrophysics. Then get back to The Game
And meanwhile... Kerbal Space Program PC game to learn astrophysics and rocket science in more practical/experimental way.
You haven't lived until you died in a massive launch pad explosion due to improperly staging your rocket.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:
You haven't lived until you died in a massive launch pad explosion due to improperly staging your rocket.
Been there, saw it, did it (in Kerbal Space Program)... Many, many times.
Also, too much thrust to weight ratio will kill you too! You can not escape Earth with some awesome acceleration!

And remember - always bring your parachute when you are doing crewed mission! Landing without it can be... Difficult...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, always bring your parachute! Just remember to deploy it on descent, not ascent...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And stage it on top, not with engines-on stage
Also, planes with wings that rely on lift force will not fly in thin atmosphere up there ;P Jet engines also will not work without atmosphere...
I'v learned all this the hard way. Great experience! (still i am unable to build any plane that actually works "ok"... Not talking about space plane).
Also targeting with rocket nose to the moon and "Full ahead captain!" will not work ;P Not a slight chance to get to the mun using this method...
But my best moment was... First time orbiting a planet, staging went well, i am on orbit, remove the engines not needed anymore... "F*&%, how do i get back now? Forgot engine and fuel! Oh well, those green guys will wait for a long time for some rescue mission..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls