Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering if anyone has had a worse first mission than this. Asking purely for humor on how bad it went for us By the end of the mission we had...

- black as our tough virus
- two black cities with level 2 panic
- three black cities with level 1 panic
- one red city with level 1 panic
- one blue city with level 1 panic
- one character with 2 scars (the rest are ok)

But at least we eradicated yellow and upgraded that with a positive mutation.

Pretty good right outcome right?

Please do not reply with spoilers as none of us have read a thing about this game - we only know what the manual and January mission 1 tells us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I think we were luckier than you:

- one black city with level 2 panic
- a couple of black cities with level 1 panic
- one yellow city with level 1 panic
- no characters with scars

We didn't eradicate any disease so we couldn't apply mutations. We went with the permanent CDC in the black region so it's easier to keep under control for the next game, and we upgraded our Medic with the ability to contain diseases in the neighboring cities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Tillman
Sweden
Hässelby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You beat us with the scars. Except for that we had a similar first game with red as the tough virus. We read the text on the scars and decided to avoid them at almost any cost.

We didn't eradicate anything though. We lost epicly. In all games of regular Pandemic I have played I have never lost so miserably as we did our first Legacy game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2p and the cards came out in our favour.

Blue is our tough virus.
Two cities at lv 1 panic.
No scars.
Cured 3, eradicated yellow midgame(which bought us valuable breathing space. Yellow cards become our buddies )

One of our better plays of this, even if the game rewards us with a funding cut

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has had a worse first mission than this. Asking purely for humor on how bad it went for us By the end of the mission we had...

- two black cities with level 2 panic
- three black cities with level 1 panic
- one red city with level 1 panic
- one blue city with level 1 panic
- one character with 2 scars (the rest are ok)

But at least we eradicated yellow and upgraded that with a positive mutation.

Pretty good right outcome right?

Please do not reply with spoilers as none of us have read a thing about this game - we only know what the manual and January mission 1 tells us.

Just a note, is this for 2 games in January? There seems to be a total of 9 panic, which should be impossible, the maximum for a single game is 8.

Our first January game yielded

1 yellow at 3
1 yellow at 2
2 yellows at 1
1 Red at 1
1 Scar

That's the worst so far, we lost the other January game as well, but have since won first time in Feb, Mar, Apr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first game went amazingly well,

- blue became C0dA
- no outbreaks
- no scars
- won on the last turn (single card left in the player deck)
- eradicated black

Second game was more harsh,
- 2 cities at level 2
- 4 cities at level 1
- 1 scar for the researcher
- lost on outbreaks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thorsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a pretty bad first game as well, although not as bad as yours!

- Yellow as tough virus
- one blue city with level 2 panic
- two blue cities with level 1 panic
- four yellow cities with level 1 panic
- medic with two scars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
Just a note, is this for 2 games in January? There seems to be a total of 9 panic, which should be impossible, the maximum for a single game is 8.

No just the first game in Jan. Maybe the count is two level 1 panic in black not three. But the rest of it is bang on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes, we also lost both January missions miserably, as we had such a bad luck drawing cards. In terms of scars, I do not remember the exact, but I think we had at least 2 after the first 2 games, no diseases eradicated ever, and the maximum possible of panic levels on the board at that time of the season. Man, that was a depressive beginning, but I almost started looking forward to opening that box number 8, which in the end we did not need, cause we easily won February on the first try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Downie
United Kingdom
Wirral
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note (as I was the character that got the 2 scars in our first game) it was 2 black cities at level 1, making the 8 outbreaks. It would have been 9 if we hadn't run out of black cubes and you can't go over 8 outbreaks. Small mercies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C V
Canada
Ohio
flag msg tools
nvm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
After weeks of having the box taunting me, this evening we finally got to play January.

We won it first time round, with two outbreaks in different cities.

We very nearly got a character scarred. We're going to get our final cure in three turns time, so it's fine for him to sit in a city with three cubes. We'd have to be into the fifth portion of the deck and the epidemic would have to be really high in it for there to be any trouble. What are the odds of that... right?

Whoops. His city was then one of the top eight cards in the infection deck! Fortunately for him it wasn't drawn straight away. On my turn I managed to find time to pop over and disinfect one cube without endangering our win. So he only escaped a scar by a 50-50 plus some extreme care. Maybe we should be more cautious in future.

Which raises an interesting question: if things had been even one action worse for us we'd have been left with the choice between letting a character scar and getting a third outbreak then losing the month through deck depletion. I wonder which we'd have picked?

(I guess we'd have chosen to win, but I'm not sure that player would have thanked us.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwsparks
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
When the bullet hits the bone!
mbmbmbmbmb
January kicked our butts - twice!

No scars, but a LOT of stickers scattered around the board.

February went MUCH better, mainly due to our new role and those wonderful Funding cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.