Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quick question:

The use of the Speech token is very clear to me:

- Play the Speech token
- Name a Threat (Night, Snow, Rain, Shell, Whistle, Gas Mask)
- All players can remove ONE card with that type of thread from their HAND

The rules also say: Some information in The Grizzled can’t be shared among players. The contents of the cards in each player’s hand cannot be re- vealed.

So for example: I play the Speech token and announce the Night Threat.

Can other players say they don't think it is a good idea to remove that card from their hands, or isn't this possible at all (no information sharing, hence no hints what cards players have)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You announce the threat, players discard a matching card if available (incl corresponding hard knocks). Period. No discussion about your decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
Microbadge: ChristianMicrobadge: Adoptive parentMicrobadge: Parent of One GirlMicrobadge: Vital Lacerda fanMicrobadge: Miniature Painter
Tyrael_ wrote:
Quick question:

- Play the Speech token

The rules also say: Some information in The Grizzled can’t be shared among players. The contents of the cards in each player’s hand cannot be re- vealed.

Can other players say they don't think it is a good idea to remove that card from their hands, or isn't this possible at all (no information sharing, hence no hints what cards players have)?
One quick clarification: all OTHER players can remove...

Seeing as how this is a coop, your group is free to decide for themselves what constitutes revealing what is in your hand. For me, discussion about whether to play the speech or not is fine and discussing ahead of time which threat to target is ok as long as all discussion is limited to the current revealed board state. However, once the token is played and the threat is announced, that is it, no take backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paedia wrote:
Tyrael_ wrote:
Quick question:

- Play the Speech token

One quick clarification: all OTHER players can remove...

Seeing as how this is a coop, your group is free to decide for themselves what constitutes revealing what is in your hand. For me, discussion about whether to play the speech or not is fine and discussing ahead of time which threat to target is ok as long as all discussion is limited to the current revealed board state. However, once the token is played and the threat is announced, that is it, no take backs.
Just remember, no conversation should indicate which 'threats' (cards) are in player's hands. So, I can't say, "I recommend you get rid of night/snow, etc."

I believe the spirit of the game is that the player making the decision should have no input from others. After he has made his choice people can question why he may have chosen that threat, and might even point out why some threats are bigger than others. But they can not speak before the decision to 'recommend' a particular threat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Deschildre
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide