Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the numbered spaces have to be filled up sequentially?

I know if you want to sell two artifacts of that Museums type the space with the 2 has to be available but can you do that if the 1 space hasn't been filled yet?

Also, the "one time bonus" for selling an artifact to a Museum is the dollar amount listed in the upper left corner but is that only a one time bonus for each player or just for the first player to sell an artifact to that Museum?

When counting the Reputation points at the end of the game you only count the reputation points from the cards on their face up side, right? So if I have a LV 2 Canyon Ecpidition (card A) I get 2 Reputation points for final scoring not 3, right?

My wife & I love this game! She's doesn't like aggressive confrontational gams like Small World, she like Solitaire games like this one, very little interaction with other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
[Note: I'm looking at the PnP rulebook to check this, so slight changes may have been made in the final rulebook, which I don't have with me]

Museums: No, you don't have to fill then sequentially. I had thought that where there are multiple spaces with the same number (only applies on the 3/4-player sides of the museums) you have to fill the same-number spaces in left to right, top to bottom order, but I can't find that in the rules so I may have made that up. It mentions in the rules on page 7, in the example, that Tom "could" complete a "1" order but chooses to fulfil a "2" order instead, and places a cube "on one of the '2' order boxes'". That implies to me any order is allowed, even on same-number spaces.

The bonus is what a player gets any time that player sells to that museum, every time a sale is made; it's not a once-ever bonus. So if you sell 2 artifacts to the Scroll museum, and someone has already sold to the 1 slot, you get $2 for the sale + still get +$1 bonus. The meaning of "one time" in the rules, I believe, is meant to indicate that you only get it once for the sale, and not for each artifact sold in that specific sale (so you don't get it twice if you sell 2 artifacts, for instance).

Reputation points: Yes, face-up points only, though in theory you should have kept these up to date on the score track during play when you upgraded/bought cards (I always forget though!). You should be able to double-check visually every player's points at any time during the game, thus face-up points are all that count. This is somewhat covered in the rules by what you do when upgrading card, and I thought it was clear in the rules, but the PnP rules don't mention it specifically; could be clarified exactly in the final rules I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so they don't have to be filled up sequentially & the "one-time bonus" refers to each time a player makes a $ale (regardless of how many artifacts they've sold)......maybe that's because of the TYPE of artifact sold, so a fossil is 0 money, scroll 1, statue 2 & Gem 3 but only $1 for each artifact. Ok, I suppose that makes sense.

Reputation points, before the bonus points are applied for final scoring, are theoretically kept on the score board (we forgot to do that a lot) and then the bonus points are added and money breaks a tie, right?

Thank-You!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Ok, so they don't have to be filled up sequentially & the "one-time bonus" refers to each time a player makes a $ale (regardless of how many artifacts they've sold)......maybe that's because of the TYPE of artifact sold, so a fossil is 0 money, scroll 1, statue 2 & Gem 3 but only $1 for each artifact. Ok, I suppose that makes sense.
Yep, it's basically a sale bonus as opposed to a quantity bonus.

killerjoe1962 wrote:
Reputation points, before the bonus points are applied for final scoring, are theoretically kept on the score board (we forgot to do that a lot) and then the bonus points are added and money breaks a tie, right?
Yes, at the end, you add scoring for museum majorities. I usually re-calculate everyone's score just to check too, as I often forget to add things like when a row-C card gives a bonus for a specific dive card type or adjacent card-letter.

There's no tie-breaker mentioned in the PnP rulebook, but money is the tie-breaker (perhaps it's in the final rulebook?), and then if still tied, whoever has the most artifacts left (see the designer's answer to exactly this here). I've never seen a tie-breaker go beyond money though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Selander
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would encourage you to read through the threads in this Rules forum for the game. Lots of clear answers, often from Ryan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I noticed that after I posted this.
Having the designer lurk the boards is pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls