2 Posts

Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: circumnavigation: "remove from map" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stig Atle Myhre
Norway
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Virgin Queen fanMicrobadge: I play with green!
In rules 16.6, it says that you must "remove the sea captain from the map". Is he "removed" to the turn track or the power card (giving him the option to return as a sea captain the same turn [or even the same impulse])?

The latter would give him the possibility to circumnavigate twice the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davidson
United States
Orland Park
IL
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I was here for BGG's Tenth Anniversary!Microbadge: Level 01 BGG poster
sdstig wrote:
In rules 16.6, it says that you must "remove the sea captain from the map". Is he "removed" to the turn track or the power card (giving him the option to return as a sea captain the same turn [or even the same impulse])?

The latter would give him the possibility to circumnavigate twice the same turn.
"removed from map" = to the turn track just as if in step 7 of 16.5; returning home after piracy attempt.

The big thing to remember is that this is not optional after a circumnavigation; the moment that the captain arrives in the concluding sea zone, he's picked up....can't hang around to do more privateering, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls