Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Burgle Bros.» Forums » General

Subject: Sticker preferences? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Thorp
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So.... I got my copy the other day, and I'm a little undecided about how to sticker the meeples. Too many choices!

How did you handle yours:

1. No stickers
2. "Normal" set
3. "Burglar" set
4. One of each side, for that secret identity magic!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4. One of each side so I can get the best of both worlds We play with the meeples stood up so we still have to rely on the other peoples' character cards to know what they have but that's no problem.


[You could add a poll for it? It has a "tick" icon, in the line of icons with Bold, Italic, etc options in when you are editing your post]
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
4. One of each side so I can get the best of both worlds We play with the meeples stood up so we still have to rely on the other peoples' character cards to know what they have but that's no problem.


[You could add a poll for it? It has a "tick" icon, in the line of icons with Bold, Italic, etc options in when you are editing your post]
5. Same sticker each side, but choosing whichever set looked coolest for each character.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty much what Kevin said, except I let my son decide which stickers to put on for each figure. In general this meant the base side, but there were 2 figures he preferred the advanced side.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I don't like the whole different stickers thing and just put the basic sticker on one side of the meeple and left them at that. I'd rather have different colors for each character but the character cards don't do that.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
4... the right-facing ones plain clothes, left-facing spy
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rogers
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure if there was a "right" way so I put plain-clothes on one side and spy on the other.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Rogers wrote:
I wasn't sure if there was a "right" way so I put plain-clothes on one side and spy on the other.

I think that is what I will do.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat H
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
benosteen wrote:
4. One of each side so I can get the best of both worlds We play with the meeples stood up so we still have to rely on the other peoples' character cards to know what they have but that's no problem.


[You could add a poll for it? It has a "tick" icon, in the line of icons with Bold, Italic, etc options in when you are editing your post]
5. Same sticker each side, but choosing whichever set looked coolest for each character.
We did option 5 also, just picked which we liked best and put it on both sides.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Dunkley
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
4... the right-facing ones plain clothes, left-facing spy
I'll go with that thanks,
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
#4

I liked the spy side thematically, but the meeples are small and so it's not as easy to distinguish them if they're all in black on both sides.

I thought I might mind having different stickers on different sides but I didn't--I really like it actually.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gagan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did option 4. Different on each side.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chittavan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone heard of a way to possible buy another set of the wooden meeples so that you can can have two sets of burglars?

I'd be totally interested in getting another set. That way I could use ALL the stickers and and have both sides matching the style of the character I've chosen in the beginning.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
To quote Tim from the November 9 KS update:

"The game did come with two sets of stickers, but I don't have extra meeples for sale. It was a last minute bonus thing I wanted to add, not torture you with making the hard decision of which stickers are cooler."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
Turn the right corner in Sin City...
badge
...and you can find anything.
Avatar
Microbadge: CLICK MICROBADGE to see what I have FOR SALEMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster - my corpses pave the groundMicrobadge: Conan fanMicrobadge: My Games For Trade
We haven't played it yet but I went with different stickers on each side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Thorp
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rhox wrote:
zenpunk wrote:
4... the right-facing ones plain clothes, left-facing spy
I'll go with that thanks,
I think I will too.

(When I finally get around to it)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris [REDACTED]
United States
Arkham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went with "Normal" on both sides of the meeples, since they had such great individual art. For the Hackerman, I used the burglar stickers, because I thought it would be funny that he was the only one that showed up in a robber costume (complete with that fantastic hat!).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David M. Cabal Inés
Spain
Oviedo
Principado de Asturias
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the 4 option too, each player can turn it meeple as he/she wants.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
twitch.tv/zenxacred
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DaedalusZM wrote:
I went with "Normal" on both sides of the meeples, since they had such great individual art. For the Hackerman, I used the burglar stickers, because I thought it would be funny that he was the only one that showed up in a robber costume (complete with that fantastic hat!).
I did this as well xD
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My burgeeples are currently naked, because I can't decide which of the 3 with stickers on options to go with.

Particularly as I tend to stand them up whilst playing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
So I know this post is really old, but I stumbled on it when decision paralysis stopped me from stickering my meeples. if I ever decide (lol), i’m going to stick the other set back to back on a piece of color-match paper , laminate them, and buy some of the little standee bases. Voila - crisis averted!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
Avatar
Microbadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Tigris & Euphrates fanMicrobadge: Endeavor: Age of Sail fanMicrobadge: PianistMicrobadge: Jazz fan
The0ry wrote:
So I know this post is really old, but I stumbled on it when decision paralysis stopped me from stickering my meeples. if I ever decide (lol), i’m going to stick the other set back to back on a piece of color-match paper , laminate them, and buy some of the little standee bases. Voila - crisis averted!
I solved my dilemma by getting a second set of meeples. One set has basic character stickers front and back. The other set has advanced character stickers front and back.

I don't see the extra meeples for sale anywhere now, but these Burgle Bros. items are at the BGG Store right now:

Burgle Bros.: 5 Promo Event Pack
Burgle Bros.: Extra Stickers
Burgle Bros.: Chit Set & Alter Ego

As long as extra meeples are not an option, I think standees is an excellent idea!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls