Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several rule questions before first play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: The Matrix fanMicrobadge: Son Goku fanMicrobadge: da2 Member - Miembro de da2Microbadge: Space Alert fan
Hi,

My friends and I will be playing the game this weekend and although I don't have the game, I've been looking to the published rulebook (version 6.00) and have come up with several doubts:

1) The way traded itmes are stored is different in several parts of the rulebook. I understand they go directly to the inventory, but want to confirm:
p.5 - Trade Action: items received from a trade must be put into the inventory and not in the player's hand.
p.6 - Inventory: When you draw or trade an item card, you have to place that card in your hand.
p.6 - Inventory (a bit further): you must place items received in trade into your inventory.

2) I don't get the exact meaning of "complement" when describing the knockdown effect. Does it mean the knocked down character rolls one less die than usual without taking 3 basic melee dice into account?

3) I'm assuming the size of the party is the combat encounter card plus any minions drawn due to the encounter card, right?

4) Only opponent gains addiontal dice for party size?

5) If I am in a safe house and decide to eat anyway, do I get penalized for the updated position?

6) In the rulebook there's a reference to "forage from the same terrain type", are there different forage draw piles? According to the page 1 image, only one supply pile exists.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Imperial 2030 fanMicrobadge: Root fanMicrobadge: Cyclades fanMicrobadge: Sons of Anarchy fanMicrobadge: Quartermaster General: 1914: Sustain Sea Battle: You battle an enemy Navy... However, the war will be won on land.
(Sorry to go off point, but you received this already? This was the update I was going by: As of this writing our USA container is scheduled to arrive in port on November 21st. Our EU container is scheduled to arrive on November 23rd.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Microbadge: Mr. B Games fanMicrobadge: Spurs fanMicrobadge: Darth Vader fanMicrobadge: Gen Con attendeeMicrobadge: Mr. B Games "Alien Uprising" Contest participant
Hi Lochi,

Sounds like your looking at an older version of the rules. I believe we addressed these in the newer version (print version) and have simply not updated the rules on the website yet (sorry for that).

I believe the first instance is correct now throughout.

In reference to copies of the game, we did have a few folks pick up the game at essen, so sounds like your friend was one of those folks as the games have not arrived to our warehouses yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Fan of Formula 1 RacingMicrobadge: The Matrix fanMicrobadge: Son Goku fanMicrobadge: da2 Member - Miembro de da2Microbadge: Space Alert fan
Exactly, the game is not mine, it belongs to a friend who went to Essen. That's why I'm looking at the most updated digital version of the rules I could find.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Space Hulk fanMicrobadge: War of the Ring fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: I cheered for Adam in the 2015 BoardGameGeek Support Drive Bear Fight and it was awesome!Microbadge: Computer Programmer
onekccs wrote:
I believe we addressed these in the newer version (print version) and have simply not updated the rules on the website yet (sorry for that).
I totally understand that you have lots of things to do right now, one of which is oversee the delivery of the games to us backers ASAP. However, if you find yourself with 5 minutes to spare, maybe on Friday while you decide where to go for a well-earned drink after a productive week, perhaps you could throw the PDF of the final rules onto the website for us to peruse? whistle

It might help many of us endure the few remaining weeks before Posthuman hits our doormats...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: Herculean Board Game CollectorMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: Omnis singulus exemplum Declarationem Libertatis fuerit frugalis or Every single extra copy of the Declaration of Independence has been thriftedMicrobadge: 15 Year Geek Veteran
5hrike wrote:
I totally understand that you have lots of things to do right now, one of which is oversee the delivery of the games to us backers ASAP. However, if you find yourself with 5 minutes to spare, maybe on Friday while you decide where to go for a well-earned drink after a productive week, perhaps you could throw the PDF of the final rules onto the website for us to peruse?
No! Use those 5 min to ship mine to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
Microbadge: Posthuman fan - Mutation Scars!Microbadge: Rahdo Runs Through fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
1) The way traded itmes are stored is different in several parts of the rulebook. I understand they go directly to the inventory, but want to confirm:
p.5 - Trade Action: items received from a trade must be put into the inventory and not in the player's hand.

--yes once you trade items they go in front of you - ie you have to have the space in your inventory for them.

2) I don't get the exact meaning of "complement" when describing the knockdown effect. Does it mean the knocked down character rolls one less die than usual without taking 3 basic melee dice into account?

--The knocked down character or enemy rolls one less die in the following combat round. So you work out the total number of dice they would normally have then reduce one.

3) I'm assuming the size of the party is the combat encounter card plus any minions drawn due to the encounter card, right?

Well there are some combat encounter cards like slaver trains that don't have an entity in themselves but ask you to draw minions. In this case it's only the minions that count. Basically any card which is an actual entity and has stats

4) Only opponent gains addiontal dice for party size?

Yes. Your followers hang back. You wouldn't want your protected little girl to fight now would you ? There is one follower that adds to your party size when you're outnumbered. But she doesn't give you an extra dice when you're 1 on 1 (otherwise she'd be ridiculously powerful).

5) If I am in a safe house and decide to eat anyway, do I get penalized for the updated position?

I m not sure what you mean by updated position. If you are suffering from hunger you'll have to eat to move back up the hunger track. Safehouses just keep you from getting hungrier not replenish. So in that case it is advisable to eat anyway.

6) In the rulebook there's a reference to "forage from the same terrain type", are there different forage draw piles? According to the page 1 image, only one supply pile exists.

There is one supply pile. There's a skill that allows you to forage other players' tiles but they have to be of the same terrain type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
About question 5.

After feeding you move the hunger indicator X spaces to the right and in case the new position still punishes you, you have to pay the punishment.

However, when you are in a safe house you are not required to eat and you wouldn't get the punishment for the current position on the hunger track. What happens if you decide to feed even in a safe house? Do you move the hunger indicator to the right and then apply or don't apply the new hunger punishment?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kacz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Eminent Domain fanMicrobadge: Carcassonne fanMicrobadge: Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayalMicrobadge: Scythe fanMicrobadge: Above and Below fan
Lochi wrote:

You probably learned this already but for others. There is only one supply pile but each supply cards shows different results for the four terrain types on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls