Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nino Milicic
Slovenia
Ormo┼ż
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi dear boardgamers, I have one questiont that I do not understand at all. After battle, if I loss all my CUs in battle casualties and retreats, can I still move my general 4 space retreat or I loss him with CUs? Generaly can you loss your general in battle with army?

Nino
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can loose the General. I'm still a newbie in rules to This game but for what I've read ir is displaced. Next turn you can bring it back again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to check the rulebook, but IIRC, it takes an extra combat loss to lose the general. So, if you lost just enough to lose all your CUs, & the general remains, you retreat the general (& hope he doesn't get caught before you reinforce him).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Latto
United States
Foxboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hermeticmage wrote:
I'd have to check the rulebook, but IIRC, it takes an extra combat loss to lose the general. So, if you lost just enough to lose all your CUs, & the general remains, you retreat the general (& hope he doesn't get caught before you reinforce him).
Nope. If you lose all your CU's when you lose a battle, your general is eliminated too. Rule 10.10 says
Quote:
A General also becomes displaced if all CUs
accompanying the General are eliminated due to Retreat
Table casualties, Retreat losses, or the Naval Table. A General
is not displaced if all CUs under his command are removed
due to the Attrition Table, the Storm at Sea event (#60), or
the Battle Casualties die roll.
Note that some people have misinterpreted this to think that if you have 3 CU's, and lose 3CU's to the attrition table, and an additional 2CU's to the retreat table, your general lives. While the rule is not well-written, the intent is that if you face only attrition losses and not retreat losses, because you won the battle or it ended via withdrawal, then your general lives. But if you lose all your CU's in a battle you lose, whether the last one falls to attrition or you still have more to lose to retreat, your general is also dead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls