New Highest Peaks
Pandemic Legacy #21
Codenames #60
Patchwork #72
The Voyages of Marco Polo #77
Fields of Arle #96

For a review/explanation of the terms in this thread, check out:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Top_100_Analysis

Can we sticker the number zero over the position for Pandemic Legacy?

Have a good week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Daoust
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, is Pandemic Legacy really is that good?
JKing, I'm trolling!devil

Actually, I'm sadden to see Imperial Settlers go down, I really like that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
Quagg wrote:
Actually, I'm sadden to see Imperial Settlers go down, I really like that game.
+1. It has been a hit with a everybody in my game group. Adding in the new expansion next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joakim Schön
Sweden
Alingsås
Sverige
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I completed the 2017 Alphabet board game challenge!Microbadge: WBC attendeeMicrobadge: I completed the 100 Games x 1 Challenge - 2019Microbadge: I logged 365 plays in 365 days in 2018!Microbadge: I completed the 2019 hardcore challenge to play 10 games 10 times each - I came, I saw, I conquered my original list!
+51 places in one week, and that is 51 places in the top 100, by Pandemic Legacy is amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It will be a sad day if it takes over Twilight Struggle and I am not too into the kind of games that the usual players of Twilight Struggle like. I am not good enough at games to play Twilight Struggle enough to even use the cards for their intended use and end up wasting a lot on ops points, but even I can see it is a good design.

Sand timers plus as the number 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Code MonkeyMicrobadge: GMT fanMicrobadge: ChristianMicrobadge: City of Heroes fanMicrobadge: I Love Gaming with My GirlFriend!!!
I had figured if a game were to overtake Twilight Struggle it would have to do so with a mass of votes on top of its rating. Pandemic has the fan base to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Spence
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 5 years it will be Twilight Struggle Legacy that wins back the throne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill L
United States
North Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MatSpence wrote:
In 5 years it will be Twilight Struggle Legacy that wins back the throne.
Isn't that game long enough on its own? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilson
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
I like how Pandemic Legacy's rise has completely overshadowed the similarly meteoric rise of Codenames. PL's absurd jumps make Codenames seem like chopped liver in comparison, when it would be the talk of the town in any other month of this list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
And the idea of a full blown party game in the Top 50 really is newsworthy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Agricola, Sekigahara, Concordia, Innovation, COOKIE!!! (and Guinness)
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
I don't get Codenames. I played it once, thought "Hey, that's cute" and was done. I'd be happy to play it with non gamer friends if they wanted but I'd much prefer a real game game. Of course, I'm not the target market. Still, I remain surprised. Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, on the other hand, although not exactly my thing seems much more understandable. The fans who sing its praises have convinced me there's something worthwhile here.

I've got my eye on Fields of Arle. I'm wondering if it might be just the thing for gaming with my wife (she likes Agricola).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
I don't get Codenames. I played it once, thought "Hey, that's cute" and was done. I'd be happy to play it with non gamer friends if they wanted but I'd much prefer a real game game. Of course, I'm not the target market. Still, I remain surprised. Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, on the other hand, although not exactly my thing seems much more understandable. The fans who sing its praises have convinced me there's something worthwhile here.

I've got my eye on Fields of Arle. I'm wondering if it might be just the thing for gaming with my wife (she likes Agricola).
I chalk it up to "party game with a theme." If it wasn't for the theme, gamers would probably disregard it like they do virtually every other party game.

You're not just playing charades, you're a spy!

Pete (says the same about Spyfall)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
skutsch wrote:

I chalk it up to "party game with a theme." If it wasn't for the theme, gamers would probably disregard it like they do virtually every other party game.

I don't think the theme really carries through... but I think it's one of the few party games that don't require you to "perform" (a la charades), put you on the spot to generate talk (Spyfall), lie (The Resistance) or has a stressful speed element (I mean, there's a timer, but it's just so you don't take forever--going quickly is not part of the game)... each person can kind of dictate how the game flows rather than the game dictating what each person does. I'm not sure if I'm wording this in a way that makes sense, but I think all these factors make this game a very appealing party game to a "geek" crowd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never seen a game climb that quickly. That's incredible. Can't wait to see it topple the number 1 throne. Heck breaking top 5 or top 10 already is an enormous achievement. Bravo (though I dislike Legacy games)

skutsch wrote:

Agree. Its solid but didnt enjoy it beyond that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
skutsch wrote:

Codenames has a theme? Pfft, you're kidding yourself Pete, the theme is the last thing that hooks people. I've literally heard no one ever mention the theme outside of a teaching run through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:
Of course, I'm not the target market.
Who do you think the target market is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
None of this is real you know, right? Go out in real life and smell the roses. Unless you're allergic.
Microbadge: I purchased 100 microbadges in a single day.Microbadge: We are all going to be dead, so why sleeve?Microbadge: My contribution was deemed PyuredeadbrilliantMicrobadge: A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.Microbadge: I love falafel!
bortmonkey wrote:
skutsch wrote:
Of course, I'm not the target market.
Who do you think the target market is?
In general, people who like light party games. I'm not big on party games. I'll play them with people I like to be social but I'd much rather play a Euro (gateway on up) or a fun dudes on a map Ameritrash. Or a wargame! I like my games a bit more challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skutsch wrote:

In general, people who like light party games.
Fair enough, although I feel that its only as light as a group makes it

It seems to appeal to a wide variety of players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CARL SKUTSCH
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
bortmonkey wrote:
skutsch wrote:

In general, people who like light party games.
Fair enough, although I feel that its only as light as a group makes it

It seems to appeal to a wide variety of players
It does, hence it's rising popularity. One of my gaming buddies is not a big party gamer but he likes this one. Plenty of folks who like heavier games can also like lighter games. This is just not my cuppa (although, I do like Dixit, which is about as light as you can get).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I know Pandemic Legacy would be a terrible play at a Con, but I'm not even sure the copies there sold or sold out. I don't even recall seeing Pandemic played. Codenames was sold out and always on a table being played or set up to be played during the whole Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
Codenames was sold out everywhere for a significant period of time (we finally managed to get a copy three days ago after trying for maybe two months), but Pandemic Legacy has been readily available for a while. It's even on Amazon Prime for $50. So there's not much reason to buy it in person at a convention, probably paying a higher price, and then have to transport it back home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls