Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Dillman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am relatively new to Dominion and was wondering if anyone knew why the coins and victory points in Dominion have their own randomizer cards. Are they for variants or used with an expansion? I would think you use these in every game so there's nothing to randomize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The were initially placeholder cards; you could put them on the bottom of the stack or on the table when the pile ran out to show how many piles were gone.
They realized most people did not do that later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dillman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
The were initially placeholder cards; you could put them on the bottom of the stack or on the table when the pile ran out to show how many piles were gone.
They realized most people did not do that later.
Thank you, that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Lar
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
I use them for playing variants, such as using the blanks/randomizer deck (RD) as an 11th Kingdom pile. Put the 10 blank cards with the other kingdoms already drawn for play, and a section of the RD out, face down.

Turn the first card face up - that's the card that can be bought until a Province or a Colony is purchased. Then the face-up card is set aside and the next card is turned up, and that's what your blank now becomes. Repeat for every Province or Colony purchase.

We use all the blue-backed cards, including curse, cash, potion, VP, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls