BattleLore (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Is it necessary to glue the miniatures before painting them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Milan
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As in is there a very high chance that the parts would come off if someone accidentally dropped the miniature? It would be a shame to lose a golem's head after all the time spent painting it. And if it is, would regular glue be enough or should i go get some super glue?

I know it would be safer to just glue them all on but I'd prefer not to as there are quite a bit of figures (with the expansions) and I'm always wary of putting unnecessary substances on my figs )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manu
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
I am not a cyborg!
mbmbmbmbmb
I superglued them. There's not much assembly, so little effort and safer that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the more important question would be if someone dropped your painted mini should you hit them with a folding chair or table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hanna
United States
Eastbourne, England (Yankee go home!)
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UHU all purpose works well, drying transparently. It's a bit messy but effective, and is a decent option if you don't like working with superglue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Purcell
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Master Turtler
mbmbmbmbmb
I would recommend against supergluing the sprue that comes with the Eagle and the Dragon Legend figures. Five minutes after painting my Eagle, I dropped it on the floor and the sprue snapped off at the connection: it has been a difficult problem to fix ever since.

No problems, however, with gluing the sturdier arms and legs to the other figures, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls