Subject: Dwarf killer but was it legal? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok here's the scenerio.
I have one card.
1.My wife intrigue challanges me with Tyrion and wins.
2.I play "warm like rain".
3.She plays "treachery" to counter that.
4.I sacrifice Bran to stop her treachery
5.I kill Tyrion.She has no cards to claim.Legal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No because your wife was not allowed to play Treachery to cancel your Like Warm Rain because the Treachery cards says:

Quote:
Interrupt: When the effects of a triggered character, location, or attachment ability initiate, cancel those effects.
Therefore it can't cancel your event (Like Warm Rain). So she had no way of stopping you killing Tyrion with that card.

However, as to whether Bran's Interrupt ability would be able to cancel other Interrupt abilities... I think so, but I'm not 100% certain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man I didn't even catch that about the treachery card.Nice!
We love this game but it can get confusing at times. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
1. Legal
2. Legal
3. Illegal, for the reason stated above, but if it were then
4. Legal: each interrupt can be interrupted in turn
5. Claim still happens, and you must discard cards to satisfy it until you cannot anymore. In this case, if you had not cards, you would discard none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now if she used "hands judgment"instead of treachery her part would be legal but I'd still win sacrificing Bran right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, you're Interrupt cancels her Interrupt, thus allowing your Like Warm Rain event to then trigger and allowing you to kill Tyrion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:
Yep, you're Interrupt cancels her Interrupt, thus allowing your Like Warm Rain event to then trigger and allowing you to kill Tyrion.
Good to know. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love "Like Warm Rain". Just the knowledge of the existence of the card makes other players (I prefer Melee to Joust) cautious about using Intrigue on Stark if there is even a Direwolf Pup out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
I love "Like Warm Rain". Just the knowledge of the existence of the card makes other players (I prefer Melee to Joust) cautious about using Intrigue on Stark if there is even a Direwolf Pup out there.
Same here. My wife plays those dirty Lannisters and tries to intrigue the crap out of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral VanMaanen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
If your wife won the challenge, she gets to make her claim before an action window opens! You discard your event before you can play it. "Like warm rain" is really good... But it has to survive the discard. That's what balances it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls