Subject: Russian builds before war with Germany rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
You know with Hitler? the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him
badge
contrarian
Microbadge: TCS: Canadian Crucible fanMicrobadge: Operational Combat series fanMicrobadge: Dean Essig FanMicrobadge: Battalion Combat Series FanMicrobadge: Last Chance for Victory Fan - Rebels

63.5 RESTRICTIONS ON RUSSIAN ACTIVITIES:

C. RUSSIAN PREWAR PRODUCTION: Until Russia and Germany have gone to war or the RGT level is 40 or more, Russia may produce no more than five BRPs of air and five BRPs of military production each year. These additional units may be deployed without restriction.

This is how I have been playing it but it keeps striking me how draconian these limits are bearing in mind other ETO games I have played.

Can someone confirm I haven't missed something/misinterpreted these restrictions because there is no other mention of them in any of the rules on unit construction or on the Scenario Cards etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Goh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
Budding wargamer
badge
My role model for his brains, calm demeanour and appetite for snacks!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also stated in 42.337.

You are playing it right -- not sure why this restriction exists, though my guess is that it was introduced for play balance in games where Barbarossa is delayed to 1942 or non-existent.

In most "normal" games where Barbarossa is launched in 1941 with surprise (RGT < 40), this rule is unnecessary because production increments are already limited to one each in 1940 and 1941 for all alliance factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
You know with Hitler? the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him
badge
contrarian
Microbadge: TCS: Canadian Crucible fanMicrobadge: Operational Combat series fanMicrobadge: Dean Essig FanMicrobadge: Battalion Combat Series FanMicrobadge: Last Chance for Victory Fan - Rebels

Ok, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HOI3 Chaplain
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
NOTE that this is a restriction on Production, not Builds - but maybe you already knew that. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
contrarian

Of course, of course...blush

Actually I realised my error soon after I posted the question but, by the time I logged on again Gary had (very kindly) already replied so there we have it.

I did feel a bit of an idiot. I can only blame it on a series of very early starts and long days at work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Valer
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You are playing it right -- not sure why this restriction exists, though my guess is that it was introduced for play balance in games where Barbarossa is delayed to 1942 or non-existent.
The origin of the restriction goes back to producing an extra armor in Sp41, which could really change the Axis Su41 attack. This rule plus some modifications to the effects of surprise preserved the historical losses associated with Barbarossa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls