Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my buddy was describing a game he used to play as a kid, but couldn't remember its name. Please help me identify this game!

The game is 20+ years old, and it was in Russian. Not sure if it's strictly a Russian game. He described a big board with a fictional map, which had different terrains (swamps, forests, mountains). At the beginning of your turn, you rolled dice to get points. With these points you'd buy gear, like a medkit, a horse, or a gun, to help you on your journey. Every so often (either time based or number of turns?) you would draw an event card. The consequences of these cards would be mitigated if you had the right gear. He also remembered the gear cards were yellow and black.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are good hints, but no cigar so far.

What kind of game was this (wargame, racing game, area control etc.)? How many players was the game for, and was it intended for kids?

Edit: Does your friend recall if the board was divided into irregular regions, squares, hexes, or something else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll post any more details I can get, but...well, I guess it's not looking good. Thanks though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls