Marc Z
msg tools
Microbadge: Descent 2nd Edition fanMicrobadge: Go fan
Can you play them effectively?

In most of the maps you couldn't keep up with the rest of the group, or could you? Aren't they gimped too much?

What's your take?

(talking about Laughing Buldar, Mordrog, Krutzbeck, Varikas, Hugo) Even those with 4 Movement seem weak.

Also, Tobin the ranger with 3 fatigue, how does that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Level 04 BGG posterMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek Veteran
The way it works is that they are slow!

Seriously though, these guys are hard to play. You need abilities that restore fatigue or add movement (Knight class, for instance.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pandemic Legacy fanMicrobadge: Race for the Galaxy fanMicrobadge: Ameritrash fanMicrobadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: I always roll the X!
I haven't played with the characters you named but I've got Gribane & Talia & the like. I too struggled with movement for these warriors. I rely heavily on their skills & abilities (i.e. Oath of Honor) to keep them with the rest of the party.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Vim userMicrobadge: Machine Learning & Pattern RecognitionMicrobadge: Data MinerMicrobadge: BayesianMicrobadge: Python programmer
Hugo the Glorious is definitely worth it, but might need some help from the team early on.

Paired with a high stamina bard, you'd hardly notice.

Edit: maybe not in the base campaign though, most of those quests are about speed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Williams
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
BITS FOR THE BITS GOD!
badge
Staring in dumbfounded terror at Frans Raynor's neckbeard.
Microbadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fanMicrobadge: Twilight Imperium fan
Even in the base campaign, Tobin was a beast. Moving slow isn't a problem when his passive rewards him for being far away from things.

Hugo sometimes has to spend a whole turn moving, but makes up for it by generally not giving a hoot about whatever monsters may try to attack him while he sits there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Crenshaw the Mortificator
msg tools
Microbadge: Earth Reborn fanMicrobadge: Gears of War fanMicrobadge: Descent 2nd Edition fan
Tarzul wrote:

Also, Tobin the ranger with 3 fatigue, how does that work?
I had the hard choice between Tobin Farslayer and Jain Fairwood (for Treasure Hunter). Tobin has great ranged attack and Jain has great mobility & defence. So I picked Jain, because TH needs mobility to get the loot (sorry, Tobin).

I have tried Tobin (as TH) in another campaign for a short time - armed with Crossbow he hits really hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dungeon Twister fanMicrobadge: Warhammer Underworlds: ShadespireMicrobadge: Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire - Sepulchral GuardMicrobadge: Corto Maltese fanMicrobadge: Great Western Trail fan
I use Grisban as a berserker and he hits really hard.
I use him as a 'hallway'-opener if the OL has blocked the road.

P

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls