Subject: Cards 'linen finish'? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Having tried out the game a couple of days back and being pleasantly surprised by the gameplay, I pledged largely based on nostalgia rather than anything else, I had a look back at the KS campaign as I couldn't remember what else was still to be delivered in terms of the expansions and add-ons.

One thing that I noticed was that one of the upgrades that was unlocked was for 'linen finish' cards for the base game - unless my understanding of what 'linen finish' is (I always took it to be a sort of light weave texture to the card) this appears not to be the case. My cards are plain and smooth - not bad quality by any means, but not 'linen finsh'. Did I miss an update or something that this was dropped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded, I noticed his but wondered if it was just the board and box, they have been linen finished. Cards too would have been great, but I'm really not bothered as the cards are top quality anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was in Update #28.

Quote:
£190k you say? Oh Parker, well done! Well we unlocked the linen finish for the board and core box and we're now funding the Current Player Marker!
No mention of cards.

In all likelihood the confusion may have occurred as the previous goal was upgraded cardstock. I had assumed it was going to be cards until Update #28 came out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh - that explains it - I usually associate 'linen finish' with cards rather than anything else and just assumed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls