Subject: BGG 2015 Secret Santa - TARGETS ACQUIRED! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: melchett [+] [View All]
Adelė
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!

I'm addressing this to the people from The USA (or those, who bought games from there) - which online stores do you usually choose to buy games from? Are those listed in the "BGG 2015 Secret Santa Preferred Stores" thread the best ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Clements
United States
Spring
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth CoolStuffInc's coupon isn't active yet, but they said they were going to turn it on today after I called.

Jon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amparo
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Last year was the first year that I was taunting by my Secret Santa, I loved it, it was great, hilarious!! laugh
meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lmulaire wrote:
I thought I had signed up already and was so excited to see who my target was but apparently I didn't sign up soblue. Guess I'll have to try the 2nd secret santa batch!

Oh that's too bad Loic! 2nd chance should be just as fun though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Davies
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
Y Ddraig Goch Ddyry Gychwyn.
badge
One of these days I'm going to play a board game.
mbmbmbmbmb
danijel2008 wrote:
Can they see if i go on their profile with my account? Like is there some kind of tracking who visits your profile? I plan on taunting my victim so I don't want to reveal myself.

There are tools that can track the countries of users that visit your page. I use one on my profile but not to discover where my Santa is from. You could always visit their profile using the Santa account and check if they have anything that recording visits to the page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Just once, just once, for the love of snowflakes, I'd actually like a target that has ... more than 0 posts, an actual letter to Santa on their profile page (actually, make that any content on their profile page), ratings for their games, a decent collection I could at the very least interpret from, comments for the games on their wishlist, and shows some enthusiasm for this event.

This is the fourth year in a row I've got a not-very-fun target.

Sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon (Stanza)
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danijel2008 wrote:
Can they see if i go on their profile with my account? Like is there some kind of tracking who visits your profile? I plan on taunting my victim so I don't want to reveal myselfe.

You can get a tracker that shows you how many visitors you've had, and what countries they are from, but not specifically who is visiting. I also don't believe there's a way to see who's "subscribed" to your posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deviser wrote:
Hey!

I'm addressing this to the people from The USA (or those, who bought games from there) - which online stores do you usually choose to buy games from? Are those listed in the "BGG 2015 Secret Santa Preferred Stores" thread the best ?

It seems to be fairly complete.

Online, I usually buy from Minature Market, Cool Stuff Inc or Amazon. But I wouldn't hesitate to order from any of the others if you find a really good deal on another site.

There are a LOT of local stores in the states too, especially if your target lives in a major city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Just once, just once, for the love of snowflakes, I'd actually like a target that has ... more than 0 posts, an actual letter to Santa on their profile page (actually, make that any content on their profile page), ratings for their games, a decent collection I could at the very least interpret from, comments for the games on their wishlist, and shows some enthusiasm for this event.

Sigh.

I'm sorry. Maybe they'll respond to Santa taunting them and turn into someone really cool!

If not, you're always welcome to taunt me. Hrm... maybe you shouldn't, otherwise I wouldn't know who is my real Santa and who isn't! Unless I get a silent Santa, then it would be obvious... Or maybe I'm just over thinking things and love this exchange!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey van Dorp
Netherlands
Badhoevedorp
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
And so the fun begins! Already send a taunt to my target and received one from my Secret Santa! What a great start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
So excited! I fairly recently got back into this hobby and started building my collection. New user here, of course, and this is my first internet community Secret Santa I have participated in. I've always watched them in envy. This year, I get to share in the giddy fun. It's only just started and even the planning and preparation is making me feel like a six year old in the month or so before Christmas!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:

Sigh.

I had someone like that last year, and wished for different this time round. I got someone who already has everything, including multiple copies of some Essen releases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikki Blaauwbroek
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Though I am fairly new to this forum and have been quite active on the un-active side ninja, I am very happy with my target! Let's see whether I can spoil him, with goodies perhaps?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Jean
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Geeky Gimp reviews at geekygimp.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sent out my first taunt. No letter in their profile, but a sizeable game collection that has me a bit nervous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dahl
United States
West Fargo
ND
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay!

Target isn't too active, but has a nice wishlist. It's all fun regardless, so lets start the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always forget that this exchange makes me wish for Christmas to arrive faster. Poor Thanksgiving! I love you, but SANTA!!!!!!!!!!! I get to play SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no, don't be. While it may seem intimidating, see it more as a great opportunity to see what they enjoy and give you a good idea of finding the perfect game for them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eric Hallahan
United States
Ft. Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Santa smells like cookies...you smell like beef and regret.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else trying to figure out who might have gotten you, by reading their descriptions?? lol I can't handle the not knowing!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Verwerft
Belgium
Berlaar
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First taunt already sent. A lot to go! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colton Gregory
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last year I didn't get taunted and just mysteriously received a package one day. Here's hoping that this year Santa tortures me with anticipation and wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eric Hallahan
United States
Ft. Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Santa smells like cookies...you smell like beef and regret.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colto22 wrote:
Last year I didn't get taunted and just mysteriously received a package one day. Here's hoping that this year Santa tortures me with anticipation and wonder.

That would be dull!! I contacted mine. I hope mine contacts me! It doesn't even have to be taunting, but a "Hey, I got you covered!" email would be welcome. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maida F.
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooooooh got my target! Time for the taunting! This is my favorite time of year!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Woohoo! It begins!!! Bring it on, Santa! I'm ready...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Ludrick
United States
Austin
Texas (TX)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
On behalf of bad targets everywhere, I'm sorry! I didn't have a letter to Santa on my profile, a very small list, no comments on my list, and I'm not super active. I do apologize for being difficult! I'm still pretty new to board gaming, but I've really fallen in love with the hobby and the community. I'm sure many others with similar accounts are in the same position. I went back and added a letter to Santa and commented on my list, so hopefully that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruczek
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
muahahahahahahahahaha.

And so on, and so on, and so on....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [85] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.