Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: melchett [+] [View All]
James Eric Hallahan
United States
Ft. Hood
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Santa smells like cookies...you smell like beef and regret.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colto22 wrote:
Has anyone ever found it helpful to let Santa know that gently used/loved board games are a great option as well? Not sure if that's a think people want from their Santa or not, but I am not picky!

I DID put in my letter to Santa that I don't mind gently used, especially if they have an OOP I want!! I did also put though that it must come from a smoke free home. We have allergies to smoke in our house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Colto22 wrote:
Has anyone ever found it helpful to let Santa know that gently used/loved board games are a great option as well? Not sure if that's a think people want from their Santa or not, but I am not picky!

I do that in my letter. Several games on my list are OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Barrett

liberty
NY
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is empty. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Passick
United States
Charlotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling pretty lucky that my target was good enough to have a letter, albeit a short one, and even signed in today. Wishlist is a little skimpy. There's definitely stuff I can get but it does present an opportunity to get creative. Pity the poor soul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Francis
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done! Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcie Dobyns
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madusa77 wrote:
It is empty. Thank you.

Huh, how odd. I'm sure Octavian will have all the answers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
how to you check what other exchanges your target is in to avoid buying duplicate items? I forgot how to do it but I know there is a way. Thanks in advance if anyone can tell me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
madusa77 wrote:
It is empty. Thank you.

I see a target for you in the exchange.

Here is a direct link to your target information: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekexchange/target/247

If you don't see anything on the page try clearing your cache and reloading the page to see if that helps (CTRL-F5 on most PC browsers)

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't taunt how do you know that they acquired you as their target. Does someplace tell you they checked in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
marcied wrote:
madusa77 wrote:
It is empty. Thank you.

Huh, how odd. I'm sure Octavian will have all the answers!

Yes, this: GM Octavian

Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
My poor target, he's going to be taunted soooo much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not satisfied with my target. No letter to santa. Only 13 games on wishlist. No comments on them and all of them are some weird games that will probably be hard to find. Expirience for first timer is not looking good so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko Dobranic
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My target opened profile on BGG on 2015-09-20 and his last log in was on 2015-09-30 Is this fake profile made only to get free game? Should I send game to him or not?

P.S. I didn't read original post that has excellent new change this year:
-NEW- - PLEASE check your target's profile page for his/her last login date before sending a gift! DO NOT send a gift unless your target's last login date is November 11th or later. Some people register for Secret Santa and then forget about it. If after a few days you see that your target has still not logged in since the targets were assigned please geekmail me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emanhall wrote:
Colto22 wrote:

I DID put in my letter to Santa that I don't mind gently used, especially if they have an OOP I want!! I did also put though that it must come from a smoke free home. We have allergies to smoke in our house.

Yeah I may need to ask this in my taunt. My target has a game on his list that has been through many iterations but the universally acknowledged best of them is from about forty or so years ago, and unheard of to come by new.

So while I dont want to give it away, I want to find out if he/she would prefer a used old or a new new version. Last thing I want to do is ascribe my own values to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
calebludrick wrote:
On behalf of bad targets everywhere, I'm sorry! I didn't have a letter to Santa on my profile, a very small list, no comments on my list, and I'm not super active. I do apologize for being difficult! I'm still pretty new to board gaming, but I've really fallen in love with the hobby and the community. I'm sure many others with similar accounts are in the same position. I went back and added a letter to Santa and commented on my list, so hopefully that helps.

That letter's a good effort. Have some GG. Also, Patchwork, if you haven't played it.

Colto22 wrote:

I always add that detail, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
msg tools
badge
Well behaved women don't defeat empires.
mbmbmbmbmb
danijel2008 wrote:
I'm not satisfied with my target. No letter to santa. Only 13 games on wishlist. No comments on them and all of them are some weird games that will probably be hard to find. Expirience for first timer is not looking good so far.

Did you get me? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mado78 wrote:
My target opened profile on BGG on 2015-09-20 and his last log in was on 2015-09-30 Is this fake profile made only to get free game? Should I send game to him or not?

I believe that the original post said not to send anything to someone who hasn't logged in since 11/11. Give them a few days and if they don't show a login contact Octavian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danijel Ljubas
Croatia
Osijek
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SarahBoBara wrote:
danijel2008 wrote:

Did you get me? laugh

Nope. You have very well known games.

And i still didn't heard from my Santa. I know i know, it's early. He'll be in touch soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
mado78 wrote:

I believe that the original post said not to send anything to someone who hasn't logged in since 11/11. Give them a few days and if they don't show a login contact Octavian.

Yeah. This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eden Hansen
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My target seems pretty quiet. I'm hoping I see him/her on this forum so I know he/she is still wanting to do this. Have game(s) picked out and anxious to get it/them sent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Balexia
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:
Well that was stupid of me; I just transferred a pile of GG to Santa to anonymously tip my poor target in order to hook them up with an avatar and I find out Santa can't give out tips Any other way to send anonymous GG?

EDIT: Sigh
Octavian wrote:
- If you want to anonymously give your target some geekgold, geekmail me using the following format, where xxx is the amount of the transfer:

yourusername, -xxx
targetusername, xxx

That's a nice thought I had a kind user gift me some geekgold near the start of sign up so that I could get a avatar Such a kind & generous community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna Metreveli
Sweden
Stockholm
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eden73 wrote:
My target seems pretty quiet. I'm hoping I see him/her on this forum so I know he/she is still wanting to do this. Have game(s) picked out and anxious to get it/them sent...

According to my flag counter my Santa is from the United Kingdom...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Balexia
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Just once, just once, for the love of snowflakes, I'd actually like a target that has ... more than 0 posts, an actual letter to Santa on their profile page (actually, make that any content on their profile page), ratings for their games, a decent collection I could at the very least interpret from, comments for the games on their wishlist, and shows some enthusiasm for this event.

This is the fourth year in a row I've got a not-very-fun target.

Sigh.

Naww... I hope you get one next year! Maybe you can taunt your target into adding some comments and a letter?? Hopefully you didn't get my partner.. though if you did, I have told him to write a letter now! lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Vannoy
United States
Shreve
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you get the counter
annametreveli wrote:
Eden73 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
annametreveli wrote:
Eden73 wrote:

Looks like mine may be from New Jersey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [85] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.