Subject: Differences between the Tutorial video and the rule book. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First congratulations on a superb video which is great help in learning the game.

Occasionally one or two points seem to contradict the written rules.
e.g. the German soldier who moves out of cover to fire and then moves back into cover during the Fire Phase. Whereas the rule book says that a Firer maintains his stance after firing and only comes back into cover during the movement phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, Mike. Can this be explained, please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Amaddeo
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Polydor wrote:
First congratulations on a superb video which is great help in learning the game.

Occasionally one or two points seem to contradict the written rules.
e.g. the German soldier who moves out of cover to fire and then moves back into cover during the Fire Phase. Whereas the rule book says that a Firer maintains his stance after firing and only comes back into cover during the movement phase.
Rule you mention is correct, but doesn't apply to the "out of the corner" situation: page 7 states "[the spotter] he can freely get back into cover, taking advantage of the barrier during opponent's Fire phase".
If you missed that rule, it must be put in a more clear way on the manual re-print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you missed that rule, it must be put in a more clear way on the manual re-print. [/q]

When will this re-print be available, Carlo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Wall
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Rule you mention is correct, but doesn't apply to the "out of the corner" situation: page 7 states "[the spotter] he can freely get back into cover, taking advantage of the barrier during opponent's Fire phase".
If you missed that rule, it must be put in a more clear way on the manual re-print.
I hadn't missed that rule. I had simply seen it as a different situation.

The soldier on the corner of a building can fire from his position - i.e. he doesn't move a hex in order to fire as the figure in the video did.
But [as a target]he benefits from the protection of the corner of the building and must be spotted first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I saw it the same as Mike did.
If the model is a spotter he does not need to move before firing and as a target he receives cover and can only be spotted by a spotting test.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JRC_Firewalker wrote:
If you missed that rule, it must be put in a more clear way on the manual re-print. ;)
Carlo, like, Jan, I am interested in the status of the re-print of the rulebook.

Do you have an update?

Thanks,
Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlo Amaddeo
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, sorry for my late reply but I suffered a car accident that knocked me out for a while.

I've re-read the whole thread and now it's everything more clear to me (must be the drugs I'm under )

You are right rules state the firer must keep its stance after firing. Somehow I thought it had a too big impact on the hitting opportunity for a counter-fire, so I decided to rule it out in the video.
What do you think about that?

About the rule reprinting, for those owning the 1.0 version of the rulebook, I've posted the 2.1 version of it here on BGG.

I'm still collecting feedback and await for Ralph annotations on the rulebook to make a reprint, or a new downloadable version of it. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlo, best wishes for your recovery.

I sent you an email with my feedback.

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JRC_Firewalker wrote:

About the rule reprinting, for those owning the 1.0 version of the rulebook, I've posted the 2.1 version of it here on BGG.
Hi Carlo., can not find the 2.1 version here on BGG

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mcleod
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Wirral
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching the tutorial again to help with gameplay I noticed that Able 2 is standing behind a barrier of the same height but when Adler 2 fires at him no spotting test is done. Am I missing something?

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JRC_Firewalker wrote:
Hello all, sorry for my late reply but I suffered a car accident that knocked me out for a while.

I've re-read the whole thread and now it's everything more clear to me (must be the drugs I'm under :D)

You are right rules state the firer must keep its stance after firing. Somehow I thought it had a too big impact on the hitting opportunity for a counter-fire, so I decided to rule it out in the video.
What do you think about that?

I'm still collecting feedback and await for Ralph annotations on the rulebook to make a reprint, or a new downloadable version of it. ;-)
Hello Carlo -

At the one year mark of your plans to redo the manual, I would like to ask how I can access it. Is it available at a download site?

I don't see an updated manual in the BGG Files section or on the WBS site. Probably, I am not searching correctly, though....

Thank you in advance for a pointer to the updated rules.

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bump