Ecuador
Quito
Pichincha
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the Claustrophobia BGG page it reads "User suggested ages: 12 and up". I'd like to teach this game to a 8 years old kid, what do you think? Could it work or maybe would be too much for him?

Just to point it out: I taught him Zombicide, Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride, and he perfectly understood how those games work (well, maybe farmers in Carc confuse him a bit).

Thanks for your opinions meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
FinrondFelagund wrote:
Hi,

In the Claustrophobia BGG page it reads "User suggested ages: 12 and up". I'd like to teach this game to a 8 years old kid, what do you think? Could it work or maybe would be too much for him?

Just to point it out: I taught him Zombicide, Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride, and he perfectly understood how those games work (well, maybe farmers in Carc confuse him a bit).

Thanks for your opinions meeple
If he can handle Zombicide, he can probably handle this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Gypsy '66 / Spellbinder - Gabor Szabo
badge
Pastoralia - George Saunders
Microbadge: Fugitive fanMicrobadge: Whitehall Mystery fanMicrobadge: Little Wars centennial (1913-2013)Microbadge: Wargamer of 50+ yearsMicrobadge: I love reading to my grandchildren
It always boils down to which particular kid, because they vary a great deal in their appetite for games, ability to focus, and reactions to games with monsters, but a bright child who likes adventure games would have no trouble with Claustrophobia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. One player runs four dudes typically and the other runs the bad guys.

The bad guy has to know everything for the game to work. The good guys could be coached from the opposing team, but then has to run four guys with a decent amount of abilities.

I play Advanced Heroscape with my 8 year old and he loves it and can even beat me. I would say you should be alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Regnard
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it works great I played with my sons 8 and 11 years old. The game is fluid and asymetric, with the dark side getting weaker and weaker while the demon side grows stronger.
So naturally it is very enjoyable for kids to take the dark side and see the adult struggle in a desperate fight while they get stronger every turn, specially with the first scenario harder for human.
You can also give more or fewer cards at the beginning to adjust the difficulty level for each side if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls