Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I don't know about you but i can never find enough time to paint all the minis in my backlog.

I think i will spend more time on the monsters, but with so many hero models, I'm going @quick and dirty" tm

White primer

Mix of brown, black, green and purple washes and inks.

While still wet mop off areas that are supposed to be lit, and throw on some liquitex yellow ink or yellow glaze.

Push dark and light colors around til happy.

30 min and done. Imho better than plain plastic. . And more time to paint Arcadia Quest.

I may touch up the parts that ended up dark when they should be light. Might paint lantern body white. Hard to know. Fallout 4 is calling to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith White
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Tool fanMicrobadge: Bourbon drinkerMicrobadge: SEC fanMicrobadge: Kingdom Death: Monster fan
I think they look decent. Like you said, much better than plain plastic. I love the way the bases look, but the minis kind of look like stone statues. But you did say Quick and Dirty. Again, better than plastic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this game really suits this style of painting and in my opinion it looks a lot better than some of the fully painted ones I've seen!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Can't live with unpainted figs but with all the detail i might spend forever perfecting them. The grim super deadly environment is telling me not to get too attached to any one survivor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
I think this game really suits this style of painting and in my opinion it looks a lot better than some of the fully painted ones I've seen!!
He's right. Dirty and dark as the universe... Good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job indeed.
These miniatures fit very well in the atmosphere of the game.
I like the different versions every person has achieved with their miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great looking stuff. I also like these much better than the fully painted ones. Could you upload some pictures from the different angles please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M mom
Netherlands
doesburg
gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i think i like these even more than the paintjobs i have seen so far. The minimalistic pallete and osl works great together and it gives an extra depth at the theme: humans being the lowest in and monster ecology and there reside in the darker spots of existence. If these were mine i would be very happy with the results, especially considering the effort and time saving methods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
The jaundice event hit your survivors hard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jk,

Kingdom Death is a depressing place. They drink a lot! Cirrhosis of the liver!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
Microbadge: ShamanismMicrobadge: I drop the F-bombMicrobadge: Mark of the DamnedMicrobadge: Dune fanMicrobadge: Neon Genesis Evangelion fan
Very nice, Ben. Really straightforward, and a very charming effect.

Much better than sinking endless hours into 35 figures… wow
I surely don't have the patience (or skills) for that, but this, is more my speed…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did black primer some layers of greys dry brushing a black wash and done... now onto playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very nice Joel! Very atmospheric and evocative of the KD theme! Bright colors just don't work for me in KD. This is not a tropical rainforest! Bleak is good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I had fun trying to make sure the figures cast a shadow form the lantern light source while making a lower diffuse light source on the minis.. The stone face bases really help to emphasize the lighting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
B Wumpus wrote:
I did black primer some layers of greys dry brushing a black wash and done... now onto playing!

Brilliant. Best I've seen. Quite literally first time I second guessed my decision to not paint my figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Waxman

Falcon Heights
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'll probably use that technique (black primer then progressively lighter drybrushing) for the majority of my figures. Maybe add some bright red orange eyes to the lion and dark red on butcher blades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls