Subject: Gain life more than your starting health rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you gain life more than your starting life?
For example, Lum uses Roll the Dice and gains 4 life when he already has 90.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can't. It must be spelled out somewhere in the 2nd edition rulebook.
I think in first edition you could, but the rule was changed for the introduction of Gloria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

What confuses me is that Gloria has "heal life" effects (J = Ray of Moonlight), in addition to "gain life" effects (Healing Touch innate ability). I assumed they worked differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan D

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
Thanks

What confuses me is that Gloria has "heal life" effects (J = Ray of Moonlight), in addition to "gain life" effects (Healing Touch innate ability). I assumed they worked differently.
Note that Gloria's Healing Sphere actually says, "Draw a card if you healed (even if you were at max life)."

So yeah, what everyone else said is right, you can't heal above your starting health.

Also, if you end up getting into playing Gloria, I wrote a kinda-complicated Gloria guide on the Fantasy Strike forums! http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/gloria...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hauge
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:
Thanks

No, they do work the same; Yomi's not like Magic when it comes to wordings of things--cards do basically what you'd expect them to do, and they don't mean any kind of tricky things.

(Also note that Healing Spheres makes reference to "max life".)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls