Subject: Number of players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
I'll think of something witty to put here...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have noticed this game plays quite differently with 3 or 4 players.

With 3 there is more space per person, so you'll be spending more on roads and houses, with 4 there is less space, so cities and development cards are more popular.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that with 4 players there is one more player playing the game then with 3 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paulclarke339 wrote:
I have noticed this game plays quite differently with 3 or 4 players.

With 3 there is more space per person, so you'll be spending more on roads and houses, with 4 there is less space, so cities and development cards are more popular.

Thoughts?

True that you have more space - but to counter that you will receive fewer resources and less opportunity to trade.

Also note that by using some of the expansions you can create larger worlds - in which case 4 players may have even more space then 3 players.

Settlers is not just a single game - it is a game system!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not, neccesarily, if you build another house it will bring in as much as building a city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everett Scheer
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulclarke339 wrote:
Not, neccesarily, if you build another house it will bring in as much as building a city.

Usually (especially early on) building a city will bring in more resources than building a settlement, as well as the cost is less (5 cards to a minimum of 6)

The 3 player game does play different, since you do have more land per player, and less conflict in terms of expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.