Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Shuffle the crash card into the last 3 stock cards in the supply, such that no player sees where it is."

Do you shuffle the crash card into 3 cards to make a total of 4? For a 1/4 chance of ending each turn. Or do you shuffle it into 3 cards including itself for a total of 3 cards? For a 1/3 chance of ending each turn?

The 'Erect Depot' rules seem to have been thrown in at the end of these rules instead of integrated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Take the last 3 stock cards. Shuffle the CRASH card into those.

The Depot rules make finishing second in an auction at the beginning of the game meaningful. If you overlook depot building, it can cost you the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
... replacing all 4 as the bottom of the stock cards deck.

Observation/critique:The placement of the caption balloons as they encircle the playing area image does not necessarily indicate any particular order of precedence and yet it requires a particular sequence of reading in order to best interpret the balloon pair for the stock cards and the crash card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arctic Jack wrote:
The 'Erect Depot' rules seem to have been thrown in at the end of these rules instead of integrated.

Such has been my assessment and dismay also. I suspect this may stem from the way the board and depot actions are new additions to the game as published in 2002, which thus is kept as a separate BGG entry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:

Right.

The key point is that the crash card is not a stock card.

The rules make this clear on the first page, when the game contents are enumerated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Harris
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TVis wrote:
Arctic Jack wrote:

Such has been my assessment and dismay also. I suspect this may stem from the way the board and depot actions are new additions to the game as published in 2002, which thus is kept as a separate BGG entry.

I don't think they were thrown in at the last minute, because the addition of those rules make too much sense. I do think those rules were poorly integrated into the overall rulebook.

In short, I think the fault is in the rulebook editing, not the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernard Hopkins
England
Durham/Darlington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K26dp wrote:
I do think those rules were poorly integrated into the overall rulebook.

That's what I (and I think we) were saying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
K26dp wrote:
TVis wrote:
Arctic Jack wrote:

I don't think they were thrown in at the last minute, because the addition of those rules make too much sense. I do think those rules were poorly integrated into the overall rulebook.

My complaint was not about "last minute". Rather, they were dropped in the last position (at the end ... of the text). Tagged on rather than melded. It could have been better integrated with the sell shares action. As is, I feel they come as a jolt being related to sell shares when you otherwise thought the sell shares topic was already done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.