14 Posts

Folklore: The Affliction» Forums » General

Subject: Can I upgrade my pledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools

I have picked the $150 tier but then I realized that the $299 offers free shipping world-wide plus the extra items. I think that's going to be an amazing value so I was wondering if I can upgrade that in the Pledge Manager and get all these rewards as if I kickstarted at $299??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that yes, you can. But I'm not 100% sure about the 299 plus free shipping being available after the campaign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
It's my understanding that yes, you can. But I'm not 100% sure about the 299 plus free shipping being available after the campaign
I think I read that it was but again am not 100% sure

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools

Thanks guys. I guess I'll wait for the PM to be launched and find out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven13 wrote:

Found it!

In the FAQ: "Yes, by pledging at the "No Rewards" level for $1 or more you can gain access to the pledge manager and upgrade to a full pledge at a later date. However, funds raised in the pledge manager do not go towards stretch goals."

Also confirmed on Facebook, according to Tony Gulloti, one of the Sales Managers at GBG, "Yes. If you pledge $1 now you'll have access to the pledge manager where you can upgrade at a later date."

Note however - The wood DogMight boxes and the Mystery Box are not included in the $299 pledge.-Tony@GBG

So if you want a mystery box or other add-ons - you'll still have to get them over and above the $299 but they'll have free shipping

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
Raven13 wrote:

Found it!

In the FAQ: "Yes, by pledging at the "No Rewards" level for $1 or more you can gain access to the pledge manager and upgrade to a full pledge at a later date. However, funds raised in the pledge manager do not go towards stretch goals."

Also confirmed on Facebook, according to Tony Gulloti, one of the Sales Managers at GBG, "Yes. If you pledge $1 now you'll have access to the pledge manager where you can upgrade at a later date."

Note however - The wood DogMight boxes and the Mystery Box are not included in the $299 pledge.-Tony@GBG

So if you want a mystery box or other add-ons - you'll still have to get them over and above the $299 but they'll have free shipping

Thanks!
Oh, I didn't know there are stretch goals dedicated only to the $299 pledge? I don't quite understand those stretch goals sometimes! But what you're telling me is I can get the free shipping + whatever original reward for that tier if I upgrade to it.

I'm not interested in the mystery box so that's alright but I can't figure out which of the stretch goals was $299 tier exclusive only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven13 wrote:
blackpuddingbertha wrote:
Raven13 wrote:

Found it!

Thanks!
Oh, I didn't know there are stretch goals dedicated only to the $299 pledge? I don't quite understand those stretch goals sometimes! But what you're telling me is I can get the free shipping + whatever original reward for that tier if I upgrade to it.

I'm not interested in the mystery box so that's alright but I can't figure out which of the stretch goals was $299 tier exclusive only.
There's no dedicated $299 stretch goals. For that price/tier you'll get absolutely everything i.e. all the add-ons that you would normally purchase separately are thrown in as well bar the wooden box and the mystery box.

As per the tier description:

Folklore: The Affliction core game, KS exclusive pack, all applicable stretch goals; ALSO includes the following add-ons: Ghost Miniature Pack, Character Record Pad, Encounter Record Pad, Alternate Color Kickstarter Exclusive Pack, Oversized Neoprene World Map, Recipes and Crafting Card Set, Seasons Environments & Dark Festivals Card Set, FIVE (5) Player Mats, and the Colossal Dark Oak affliction!

So you get 5 player mats.

I'd recommend getting one mystery box as well. They're all going to be the same and are supposed to be something great.

Hope this makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben K
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding mystery boxes. You said that all mystery boxes will be the same so ordering two would be redundant? Would you be able to tell me where this information is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Power_Noob wrote:
Regarding mystery boxes. You said that all mystery boxes will be the same so ordering two would be redundant? Would you be able to tell me where this information is?
its on the kickstarter page, both main and updates sections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other way of looking at it is - the only component exclusive to the $299 pledge level is free Postage to anywhere. For some parts of the world that will be $60US or more in value.

I'm looking forward to personalising my pledge - because I'm happy to pay for postage, but don't want the game mats, but do want more miniatures and possibly 2 of the mystery boxes - with paying for postage that would come to >$299 - which works for me. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools

One question.
What kind of Courier is going to be used for the free shipment? If the shipment going to go through regular mail then that's going to be risky for where I live (items getting lost).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven13 wrote:

One question.
What kind of Courier is going to be used for the free shipment? If the shipment going to go through regular mail then that's going to be risky for where I live (items getting lost).

Free will use exact same service as everyone else. Most will use USPS, which i guess is regular mail. Fedex, UPS and DHL are just too expensive for us (ex: US to China for 1oz costs us about $50 using fedex..it disgusts me how expensive this is).

US/World will all be leaving from Georgia in USA.

EU will all come from France, I'm not exactly sure which service they use, but this is the tracking service they have provide us (Bpost?). https://mercury.landmarkglobal.com/

AU will be AUPost out of St. Peter.

If you live in a country that is outside of the US/EU and AU, you may contact Greenbrier Games for a refund, simply stating that you feel it is too risky to send high value rewards via your countries postal service.

I wish we had the infrastructure to allow multiple courier options, but sadly we are just too small to have those options at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools
zeeparkes wrote:
Raven13 wrote:

One question.

Free will use exact same service as everyone else. Most will use USPS, which i guess is regular mail. Fedex, UPS and DHL are just too expensive for us (ex: US to China for 1oz costs us about $50 using fedex..it disgusts me how expensive this is).

US/World will all be leaving from Georgia in USA.

EU will all come from France, I'm not exactly sure which service they use, but this is the tracking service they have provide us (Bpost?). https://mercury.landmarkglobal.com/

AU will be AUPost out of St. Peter.

If you live in a country that is outside of the US/EU and AU, you may contact Greenbrier Games for a refund, simply stating that you feel it is too risky to send high value rewards via your countries postal service.

I wish we had the infrastructure to allow multiple courier options, but sadly we are just too small to have those options at this time.

Thank you for the thorough reply. That clarified all my concerned. Much appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raven Loft
Kuwait
flag msg tools
EDIT: Never mind I figured it out! Hehe. I've upgrade to the $300 tier; it has way more value if you're really into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls