Dojo Kun» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two fighters per tournament - mandatory if possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco yeye
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
I cannot find clarifications elsewhere... During a tournament must I send two fighters if possible or is it possible to choose only 1 or none?
In the latter case, may I choose not to send the first random seeding and send the second and vice versa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Similarly, do you have to decide on which 2 up front, or can you wait till the first round of pairing and see who's left? (that might influence your decision).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Vergendo
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sending up to to athletes to the tournement is a mandatory action so if you have 2 or more athletes you have to send 2.
If you have only one you send that athlete.
If you have more than 2 athletes you can choose which one to send.

Every time you have to choose one athlete to send you do it secretly.
So yes once the first part of the roster is complete and eventually all the reservation tile have been used you have to choose (secretly again) another athlete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you possibly win the game if you don't send two fighters to both tournaments? Presuming you have more than one, why would you only send one? You have nothing to lose by sending two.

In both games I have played I have failed to get either fighter through the first round at the first tournament and lost the game by a big margin! blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Fabbrini
msg tools
I play giving the possibility to choose how many fighters a player may send to the tournament (2 max, that's the only thing specified in the Italian rulebook). This can be useful if a player choose to collect PP with many atlethes as possible (even 4), without training them (or training only one), because the fighters of the skull dojo can be more dangerous for other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.