Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
"K" says you can discard your draw deck then look through the discard and choose a letter to put into your hand.

I suppose you can then still add this letter to your word, right? (or not?)

So one could lay letters and then use the "k" action and add another letter to those cards before forming a word?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the card you pull (if you choose to use the 'action') CAN be used immediately.

actions may all be used, in any order, before declaring your word. The K may also be put back into your hand - of course, you won't have an empty hand for the bonus. If you use the K to pull another blue action - you can use THAT new action too.

The way the designer explained it to me, the K action can be quite useful for going through your deck to get a C to combo with it, but a different card may be more useful.

I feel the above is correct, but I admit I don't have many plays with the game and still sometimes have to double-check myself.

hoping others will also respond.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Lucky Texan is correct

During the '1: play cards' phase of the turn, you can play cards in any order, and you can resolve Action cards in between plays. This is implied but not explicitly called out in the rulebook, which is unfortunate.

Just to be super-explicit, you can return the K to your hand, but not until the '2: declare your word' phase, by which time you're finished playing cards. You couldn't play the K, fetch a new card, then put the K back into your hand, then play it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.