20 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Nice. Received the base game today missing half the cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested to hear others' experiences with Wizkids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Polenzani
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control! We have assumed control! We have assumed control!
Microbadge: Xia: Legends of a Drift System fanMicrobadge: "I hate it when Aztecs force themselves into your hotel room and make you try on belts."Microbadge: Euphoria: Ignorance Is Bliss fanMicrobadge: The Corps is Mother, the Corps is FatherMicrobadge: Dune fan
When it comes to replacing missing/damaged components in my experience they are actually pretty good. Which they ought to be considering how often they have to do it LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rapscallion_69 wrote:
Which they ought to be considering how often they have to do it LOL
I actually have had no game in the last five years where I read so many threads about missing components. It's so sad that such a company continues to produce games. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
Remember the seller is obliged to make good on your purchase.

If there is really that much missing (not sure if you mean literally half or just 'a lot') I would personally contact the seller first. If they are local they should replace it on the spot. If ordered online they should either open another copy and send the missing parts or replace the whole thing.

For the odd missing or damaged component with the game still playable, I go to the publisher as they are likely to have spare individual components and it saves the seller replacing the entire game. But if the game is unplayable I'd start with the seller as they have a more direct obligation to make your purchase 'fit for purpose'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flander
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is too bad. When researching the game myself before purchase, it is definitely unfortunate how many negative remarks Wizkids gets.

Keep us informed on their response. Hopefully the resolve it quickly and you can begin playing this wonderful game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine a few years ago and like half the cards had print errors (bad cut). I called the company and they sent me a set of new cards. So, just get contact info online and things will probably work out. But in general wizkids=(good game but below average quality components)...sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Hyperborea fanMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: In Memoriam: Chad JensenMicrobadge: Combat Commander: Europe fanMicrobadge: Anachrony fan
Quote:
It's so sad that such a company continues to produce games. shake
They would be out of business if it weren't for the fact that some of their games are really, really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was perfect. As was my Lost Legion and Krang expansions. So they do get it right sometimes. I don't have any other WizKids products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I contacted Wizkids on twitter and email. They had me use their terrible package request system. In total, I have 32 cards missing (all support cards, day/night tactics, hero cards, and city cards). I will update when there is something to report on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pevsfreedom wrote:
Orion3T wrote:
Not really true.
Pevsfreedom Orion3T is 100% correct in my and many other countries for retail purchases.

Edit: sorry everyone, I placed the wrong name in this post. Which had me saying the opposite. It is corrected now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brb need to check my copy for any missing parts. could this be why I always lose??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't blame the seller at all. This is all on Wizkids, imho. I'm still optimistic that they will come through for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
pevsfreedom wrote:
Not really true. A seller has no say in the matter in regards to a shrinkwrapped product. I'd contact the company as they are the one's at fault - the seller didn't really do anything wrong and I'd be amazed if somebody replaced a product that was shrinked and had issues.
I've had games I bought at my FLGS be incomplete and taken them back before for exchange. It's never been a problem. YMMV I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
pevsfreedom wrote:
Orion3T wrote:

If there is really that much missing (not sure if you mean literally half or just 'a lot') I would personally contact the seller first. If they are local they should replace it on the spot. If ordered online they should either open another copy and send the missing parts or replace the whole thing.

For the odd missing or damaged component with the game still playable, I go to the publisher as they are likely to have spare individual components and it saves the seller replacing the entire game. But if the game is unplayable I'd start with the seller as they have a more direct obligation to make your purchase 'fit for purpose'.
Not really true. A seller has no say in the matter in regards to a shrinkwrapped product. I'd contact the company as they are the one's at fault - the seller didn't really do anything wrong and I'd be amazed if somebody replaced a product that was shrinked and had issues.
OK - what I said definitely applies in the UK, as laid out in the Sale of Goods Act 1979. It doesn't matter if the product is shrink-wrapped, canned, boxed or whatever. The seller has a direct obligation to the customer that the goods be complete, fit for purpose etc. It doesn't matter that it isn't their fault, they have to take responsibility and make good on the deal they struck with the customer at point of sale.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1979/54

It's not about blame. If it were, no seller would ever accept liability because they could always blame the supplier, the supplier will blame the seller and the customer would be the one to lose out. But in the UK, suppliers also have obligations to the seller, so even if it's completely outside their control you're not putting the seller in an unfair position because they will be able to claim their losses back from their supplier.

However, I didn't notice the OP was in the US. I don't know US law on the issue so I shouldn't have assumed it would be the same for them. But I would still propose it's likely to resolve the issue faster if you approach the seller in the first instance. If they have another copy they might replace it on the spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
Scotland
Elgin
Moray
flag msg tools
mbmb
pevsfreedom wrote:
Well I guess my post was lost in translation, since I've never heard of anything like this in the US - it seems the UK has it right in that regard!
As a consumer, I certainly agree we have it right as we are quite well protected.

But just to be clear - I'm not saying you're wrong. You may well be right that the seller has no such legal obligations in the US. When I wrote that comment I completely forgot it's a multinational community where we don't all have the same right.

Of course, even if the seller isn't legally obliged to help, it makes good business sense to look after the customer and deal with them directly rather than fobbing them off to the supplier/publisher/whatever. So I think it's worth a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
scotherns wrote:
My copy was perfect. As was my Lost Legion and Krang expansions. So they do get it right sometimes. I don't have any other WizKids products.
You sure? Your artifact card backs are not even slightly different than the rest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
scotherns wrote:
You sure? Your artifact card backs are not even slightly different than the rest?
Don't make me look, I won't be able to un-see it. I meant all pieces are present and undamaged, nothing obviously miscut or the wrong size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Received all of the missing cards today from Wizkids. They were really awesome to respond so quickly and send them right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jujo Vee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gejayge wrote:
scotherns wrote:
Artifact card backs are fine in the 7th printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
juujoo wrote:
Artifact card backs are fine in the 7th printing.
Seventh time's the charm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls