Seth Zimmerman
United States
Atlanta
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

My name is Seth and I'm currently in Bruges on my multi-month backpacking trip throughout Europe. I have a silly little boardgaming fantasy (which I'm sure has been done multiple times before!) of playing Feld's game, Bruges, while watching the film, "In Bruges", while physically being in Bruges.

I just wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone knows someone who lives here who wouldn't mind a game of Bruges with a weary traveler. Thanks everyone!

-Seth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2015Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2016Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2017Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2018Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2019
I think my wife just told me they are actually showing the movie on tv this evening , while I don't live to far from bruges I'm afraid I won't make it over there. Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The movie is playing tonight, but ... it's actually a very crappy movie, unlike the city or the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Sládek
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
badge
DOES NOT COMPUTE ||| EXTERMINATE ||| EXTERMINAAAAAATE
mbmbmbmbmb
eddy_sterckx wrote:
The movie is playing tonight, but ... it's actually a very crappy movie, unlike the city or the game

In Bruges, Snatch, Lock Stock, The Guard, Hot Fuzz... wish there were more like these :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2015Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2016Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2017Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2018Microbadge: I was a pillar in the VGG community in 2019
That picture of the dude made me laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van den Broeck
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, I might take you up on your offer. But I didn't, so I won't.

EDIT: Before anyone unloads on me. The above is paraphrasing a quote from "In Bruges".

That's a good one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex Quest
United Kingdom
Maryport
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Borghal wrote:
In Bruges, Snatch, Lock Stock, The Guard, Hot Fuzz... wish there were more like these :-)
You should check out Shaun of the Dead and The World's End if you enjoyed the British comedy in Hot Fuzz. It's also by Frost and Pegg and forms the other 2 of the 'Cornetto Trilogy' (Cornetto is the ice cream Nick Frost eats in Hot Fuzz and I'm guessing is addicted to in real life for them to go the the trouble of naming the excellent series that way)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!

Playing Bruges in Bruges with a guy born and raised in Bruges with brugse zot the reel beer from Bruges on a spot where ' in bruges ' was filmed with the actual film in Bruges on the portable dvd player...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
Great one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Next up: Bora Bora !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorthania wrote:
Next up: Bora Bora !
LOL

Ok, here's a story : while on holiday in France we always take a couple of boardgames with us. One year we had brought Caylus Magna Carta and then I happen to look at a map of the area we were in and there it was : Caylus - half an hour's drive from where we were staying. Being a bit weird like that we drove over and took some pictures of the game in front of the village entrance sign. It's a tiny village btw, not really worth the visit.

Another story : we were visiting Troyes, and whenever we visit a city our first port of call is always the tourism office and there it was : the game Troyes for sale at a very reasonable price. We had played it before, but didn't have a copy yet, so being in the mood we bought the game there and took some pictures of it in front of the cathedral.

Here's a fun Friday idea : list the cities/countries you've ever been to, which feature in the title of a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
I played Carcassonne in Carcassone.

I think that's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome accomplishment Seth!!

I just have discovered Bruges the game. It is a challenging one, that has made people in my group opinionated. Most feel it is too 'random' but I feel you have to meet the game where it is, and to me that is that it is a game about hard choices, and like all Feld's, flexibility. The more I play it the more I like it though I wouldn't mind one or two more turns and have suggested houseruling slightly larger decks with that in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart R.
Belgium
Tongeren
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have two games with Canterbury in the title, but I've never played them while in Canterbury.

Other ones I can think of from the top of my head: London (Great Fire of London, Letters from Whitechapel), some Ticket to Ride expansions and Seeland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Candace Mercer
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I LOVE great Fire of London! Don't forget Stonehenge, that anthology game! I did buy Hawaii cause my daughter was moving there. I do enjoy it quite a lot but alas have not had the full on Hawaii experience. With unlimited resources how much fun would a Feld world tour be? I am not sure where to go for Aquasphere but there has to be some place close enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
candio wrote:
. With unlimited resources how much fun would a Feld world tour be? I am not sure where to go for Aquasphere but there has to be some place close enough!
Better invent a time machine first for Trajan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tonny Wille
Belgium
9310 Meldert
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have a dream... playing Risk: Star Wars Edition while being on the death star. Not going to happen soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls